Bargain Wondershare Video Converter Platinum

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/wondershare-video-converter-platinum/

It is free for the next 14 hours 18 minutes

happywave.gif

Reaction score
Ta very much...Downloading as I type this here reply....Been looking for a dednt converter for me iPod, lets hope this one is...:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just converted a film with an avi file extension to I-Pod format with mpeg4 file extension.

The film is 87 minutes long, took 15 minutes to convert and plays back perfectly.

Good link Abarb :thumb:

Activation is no prob, one click and it's done.

But I'd imagine if you ever have to do a fresh install you'll lose it as it only activates within the time span they give.

I do already have software that does the same job (Imtoo & Pinnacle) but it never hurts to have alternatives :)

And I think it's time to do an OS backup using my free version of Acronis True Image 10 now :D

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
And I think it's time to do an OS backup using my free version of Acronis True Image 10 now :D

You know what Flopp's I make you right there..:nod: :D

Reaction score
crazylegs said:
You know what Flopp's I make you right there..:nod: :D

Yep Acronis True Image 10 is a great peice of software. :thumb:

Also that converter program is also good as well.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Sorry for hijacking the thread Ab but I have just done a full hard drive backup to an external 500GB USB hard drive, how do I go about getting this up and running if the worst happened, I have never used Acronis before you see..

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Sorry for hijacking the thread Ab but I have just done a full hard drive backup to an external 500GB USB hard drive, how do I go about getting this up and running if the worst happened, I have never used Acronis before you see..

You have to make a boot CD within Acronis 'Create bootable rescue Media'.

You then boot from that CD and follow the instructions, basically.

You might want to try making the CD, connecting your external HDD, then booting from the CD to make sure it recognises your external HDD.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ahh I see Flopp's..

I'll make a bootable cd now but my external hard drive is locked out and is only availabe to see if I input a password, so maybe I shouldn't have put it there really..

I'll do the cd anyway and see what occurs..

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://www.acronis.co.uk/homecomputing/download/docs/

There is an excellent manual at the link above.

I made a SECURE ZONE which is essentially a secure partition and put all my backups in there. One clean install with freshly installed applications, one backup of the os as it evolves, and back up files and folders.

happywave.gif

Think that from reading at the GOTD site that you can reinstall most of the products. Not 100% on that as I have only installed 3 and not had to do a fresh install yet.

I'm receiving the daily newsletter and will post stuff if I have time and recon it is useful. You may want to sign up if you want to see everything.

happywave.gif

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Just installed Wondershare. Takes 13 mins to trim , convert and join two files into a 160MB on my pc. Neat , easy to use, good results and some very good options in the EDIT section. It'll do for me.
nod.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Thanks for that pdf info for the Acronis Ab..Top stuff..:thumb:

I just read through it and went through the mounting process for my whole hard drive backup, it let me mount and then gave me the option of read only or read and write on the fly to the mounted disk just like it was my main disk, I could add or takeaway anthing and it would save it in the backup just as if I was doing it for real...Unbelievable I was staggered to say the least..:eek:

Didn't know it could do that sort of stuff, I'm exploring now and will report back with any other amazing findings..

So glad I downloaded this now..Acronis rocks..:nod:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
crazylegs said:
Thanks for that pdf info for the Acronis Ab..Top stuff..:thumb:

I just read through it and went through the mounting process for my whole hard drive backup, it let me mount and then gave me the option of read only or read and write on the fly to the mounted disk just like it was my main disk, I could add or takeaway anthing and it would save it in the backup just as if I was doing it for real...Unbelievable I was staggered to say the least..:eek:

Didn't know it could do that sort of stuff, I'm exploring now and will report back with any other amazing findings..

So glad I downloaded this now..Acronis rocks..:nod:

:thumb:

Reaction score
Hey folks,
Just used that wondershare app and have to say i'm impressed so far.....just converted a DivX to VOB file and it took 38mins for a 1hr 57 min movie....dont ya just luv it when a freebie does what is says ont tin....i'd nearly download from that site everyday and just store the apps away until i was ready to use them. Or not.
Good stuff
Zzzzz

Last edited:
Reaction score
7 DivX movies later and flying with the video converter.....is the site giving trouble this evening....i keep losing posts due page cannot be found message.
Zzzzz

Ask a Question