WMI Missing/not found

when trying to use SYSTEM INFORMATION it tells me that windows management
files not found/missing.
dose anybody know how to reinstall wmi files????????

THANKS TO U ALL

Dave

Carey Frisch [MVP]

Error Message: The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
Information Might Be Corrupted
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823775

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

Be Smart! Protect Your PC!

:

| when trying to use SYSTEM INFORMATION it tells me that windows management
| files not found/missing.
| dose anybody know how to reinstall wmi files????????
|
| THANKS TO U ALL
|
| Dave

S.Sengupta

Strat>Run>type the following commands followed by Enter/ok at the end of
each command:-
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\atl.dll
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\netshell.dll
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\hnetcfg.dll
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\netcfgx.dll
regsvr32 %windir%\system32\netman.dll

See:-
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=eg4cXS3JEHA.2380@TK2MSFTNGP09....
From: Ivan Brugiolo [MSFT] ([email protected])
Subject: Re: Windows XP WMI Reinstall

further ref:-
Error Message: The Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI)
Information Might Be Corrupted
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823775

regards,
ssg MS-MVP

S.Sengupta

The working link of Ivan Bruqiolo's[MSFT] post:-
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/microsoft.public.win32.programmer.wmi/msg/1da6ab3690bc75a0

regards,
ssg MS-MVP