wirespeed@ethernet technology causing extremely slow copying. - resolved

Vanyuan

Hi.

Just thought I'd post this.
Had a problem where copying from the server (2003) was extremely slow.
Eventually error message would pop up stating:
"Cannot copy file.doc Path too deep"

I googled around, but no posts resolved my prob.

Double checked Network Card Config, (A broadcom netextreme NIC) and
disabled
"ethernet@wirespeed". And it worked.

What the abovementioned setting does is:
###########
Broadcom's Ethernet@WireSpeed technology enables equipment
manufactured using the BCM5421S to automatically select the maximum
speed possible based on channel conditions, even over impaired cable
plant, regardless of the maximum speed advertised by the
end-equipment.
###########

Hoping this will help someone.

Bye.

Derek

Jack Wang [MSFT]

Hi Derek,

Thank you for the information sharing! It's really great!

Sincerely,
Jack Wang, MCSE 2000, MCSA, MCDBA, MCSD
Microsoft Partner Support

from your issue.