Wireless security

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All
Recently replaced a broken router with a NETGEAR DG834. Have a NETGEAR WG602v3 WAP connected to one of the LAN ports - all installed quickly and works perfectly.
My problem is that I would like to use WPA2-PSK wireless security and can see how to activate this feature in the WAP configuration by connecting it to a wired PC and entering a Password phrase. But what happens at the other end?
I'm using an EDU PCMIA wireless LAN card taken from a neighbour's broken laptop. I have the installation CD but this does not contain any setup information and I've failed to find any info on EDU. Would it be better to buy a NETGEAR card which supports WPA?
Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
peahouse05:thumb:

peahouse05

Dedicated Cruncher
Reaction score
Hi All
Found the problem with applying WEP security to my WAP - the EDUP adapter did not support it. Have bought a Netgear adapter which works fine with WEP and comes with a brilliant installation CD. However, although the WAP supports WPA, the adapter does not, but from what I've read WEP is sufficient on this sleepy bungalow estate in Cornwall.
Cheers
peahouse05:)

Ask a Question