Wireless Connection and article 871122

Greg

When I open my wireless network connection, I no longer
get a list of wireless networks in range, but get the
following message:

Windows cannot configure this wireless connection
If you have enabled another program to manage this
wireless connection, use that software.
If you want Windows to configure this wireless
connection, start the Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC)
service. For information about starting the WZC service,
see article 871122 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on the
microsoft.com Web site.

Previously I could view the wireless networks in range.
However, after unsuccesfully loading my SBC/Yahoo
DSL/wireless gateway software, I apparently changed some
settings that I can't change back and no where on the MS
website is there anything that discusses my particular
predicament. Sure, there are articles that seem to
relate but in reality don't apply. In addition, I could
not find this "article 871122."

Can anyone please help?!?!?!

Greg

Thanks for helping point me to the appropriate link. The
direction the article gave for restarting my WZC worked.

Lance

Thanks for the feedback
Lance
*****

Greg thought carefully and wrote on 8/22/2004 8:47 PM:

Joined
Sep 20, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I had a smilar problem and applied the steps to start the WZC service. BUT I have to go through these steps whenever I restart the computer. Is there a way to start the WZC so the I dont have to go through these steps whenever the computer restarts?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

Joined
Dec 9, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
reconfigure Wireless Connection & article 871122

This worked for Windows XP. First click on the wireless icon on the desktop..
it will open the box for Wireless Network Connection-Choose a wireless network.
On the left side of this box you will see Related Task....under this click on Change the order of preffered networks. At this point you have opened the box "Wireless Network Properties"....now look below and check mark the box next to "Use Windows to configure my wireless network settings after this go to the bottom and click OK. Now close the box. Presto !!!!!! Good Luck everyone & I hope you find this information as being helpful.

Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
zetazerozap
Yes, this works, although I find it better to go to Control Panel, then Administrative Tools, then Services, then click on WZC and start the service. The problem is, it resets when you restart the computer which basically means you have to go through this exercise whenever you start up and connect to wireless. Does anyone know how to prevent this happening?
Pakiti

Joined
Dec 3, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Oops, meant to say I am running Windows XP and connect to my network via a modem

Joined
Feb 11, 2009
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
kaycee55 said:
I had a smilar problem and applied the steps to start the WZC service. BUT I have to go through these steps whenever I restart the computer. Is there a way to start the WZC so the I dont have to go through these steps whenever the computer restarts?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
ooooooo

Joined
Dec 14, 2009
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
Oh Yeah!!!

You made me look good in front of my girlfriend's son....Little does he know how i "know how to fix that"
HaHa thanx buddy that worked.(for Lance)

Joined
Apr 17, 2010
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
hi

so how do i fix that problem plz help me.

Greg said:
[...]

Feb 15, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
[...]

Can anyone please help?!?!?![/QUOTE]

Joined
Feb 15, 2011
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
[...]

Mar 18, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi i'm young social network programmer social work Sandu Felix
i use modem connection ZTE by UMTS not Wifi, but i have same
problems sometime to manage wifi as secondary conection backup
on road to connect free at network wifi.
I discovered with www.bing.com this issue Microsoft at site:
http://www.ezlan.net/wzc.html

Setting Windows Zero Configuration (WZC).
Most Wireless Clients Cards (Laptop/computer) can be configured by a Manufacturer Wireless Utility that comes with the card, or Windows Zero Configuration (WZC)

It is important that the Wireless should be managed only with one application.​
You can use the Original Utility, or WZC. When one is used the other has to be Off (Not loaded into memory and not maintained active Windows service).

Disabling the Manufacturer Wireless Utility should be explained in the Wireless Cards document.
The following describes how to Check, and switch WZC On. The same principle applies in case you need to switch it Off, choose the Off/Stop options while you are at the menus (the same method can be used to configure other services too).
1. Click Start and Run
2. Type into the Run box "services.msc" (without the quotation).
3. Scroll down and look for the service Wireless Zero Configuration

Double Click on the Service, Screen Shot of the services
4. Make sure that it is Started and that the startup type is set to automatic.
Screen Shot of WZC
If the Service did not Started, or and is Not set to Automatic.
i stop for a while WZC from this run service.msc and disable
and stop and automatic WZC and start finally for refresh WZC!!!

Sandu felix
http://www.ahomebiz.org http://fanbox.com/t4c

social network webdesigner, IT net support

Joined
Jul 25, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Try here for Knowledgebase artice 871122:
<http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;871122&Product=winxp>

Sounds like the SBC/Yahoo software may have turned off Wireless Zero
Configuration service. The article 871122 gives instructions on how to
turn it back on.

Lance
*****

Greg thought carefully and wrote on 8/22/2004 7:46 PM:

> When I open my wireless network connection, I no longer
> get a list of wireless networks in range, but get the
> following message:
>
> Windows cannot configure this wireless connection
> If you have enabled another program to manage this
> wireless connection, use that software.
> If you want Windows to configure this wireless
> connection, start the Wireless Zero Configuration (WZC)
> service. For information about starting the WZC service,
> see article 871122 in the Microsoft Knowledge Base on the
> microsoft.com Web site.
>
> Previously I could view the wireless networks in range.
> However, after unsuccesfully loading my SBC/Yahoo
> DSL/wireless gateway software, I apparently changed some
> settings that I can't change back and no where on the MS
> website is there anything that discusses my particular
> predicament. Sure, there are articles that seem to
> relate but in reality don't apply. In addition, I could
> not find this "article 871122."
>
> Can anyone please help?!?!?!

How can i start y wireless conection

Joined
Jul 25, 2011
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
i want to know ....how i can start my wire less connection it always display no connection avialable

Joined
Jul 30, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
[...]

HI ! Go to http://support.microsoft.com/fixit/?fi=50469

Download the software (to a convenient location on Your computer) that is designed to fix the problem in no time. Just click "run". Then have a beer, and bless Microsoft for this golden software. You might have to run it again...and again later, and it explains nothing, but it fixes the problem every time it occurs. Good luck !