Wireless Access is "Local Only" I can't connect to wireless connec

I cannot connect to wireless connection

I bought an HP Pavilion tx2110us (with Windows Vista) and been to hotels and
home and so it just does not connect to any wireless connection (my old
laptop with XP connects no problem!). After spending 4 hours with 3 HP
assistants on the phone and chatting online with them, and talking to my
personal computer technician, I found that the wireless connection does not
obtain the IP address and DNS server address "automatically". I can't do
this manually for every time I arrive in a hotel, or anywhere I go. I bought
this computer especially to save time when I travel so I need to make this
thing "Obtain an IP and DNS adress automatically" for any wireless connection
that it finds. Can anyone help me solve this?

Not Me

usually there is a Windows wireless connection and an OEM wireless
connection
use one or the other, I have found that having both running messes things
up.
and disable IPv6 on the wireless connection
it could also be something like Norton Internet Security, check the settings

"I cannot connect to wireless connection" <I cannot connect to wireless
news:[email protected]...

I cannot connect to wireless connection

Well, today, at HP after sale Customer Service they told me it should be a
hardware problem and that I should ask for a change of laptop. I have heard
so many things from HP already, everyone there tells me something different,
so I really dont know what to do.
I'm afradi I change it and the problem persists (in case it is a software
problem). Besides I am in a different country! but will go to the States soon
and so could try to change it.

I cannot connect to wireless connection

Hey, thank you so much for sharing your experience and providing me all these
details. Unfortunately, I have to say that I finally gave up. Yesterday,
fedexed the laptop back to HP asking them for a reimbursement. Now, I still
need a laptop and so, I am so afraid of buying anything because now it seems
like ALL of them come with Vista. I have the Mac option but then I'm afraid
of programs/files/products in the market that will not be compatible with
Mac. On the other hand, I wonder if this wi fi connecting problem I had with
an HP laptop will be the same with another brand (Toshiba, Dell, etc) using
Vista.
Any thoughts?
Thanks again. Best regards

Gordon

lbs013 said:
Unfortunately, I have a toshiba laptop running Vista as the OS and I'm
encountering the same problems. I wish it were only a specific brand of
system posing this issue but apparently it's vista instead!!! :(

Have you updated the Wireless card driver to the latest version from the
Toshiba web site?

Manfred Nathanal Hollingsworth

Gordon said:
Have you updated the Wireless card driver to the latest version from the
Toshiba web site?

Err - I'll bet your Wireless card gets, Err updated all on it's own. Err.