WINS Error

gurvinder.nijjar

I am running a full native windows 2000 Network and we have 2 domain
controllers at each at our 3 sites. Each site has its own subnet and we are
running as 1 domain. Each domaincontroller at each site is configured as a
WINS server and all wins servers are configured as replication partners.

On one of our domain controllers I keep getting the following error event:

The Connection was aborted by the remote WINS. Remote WINS may not be
configured to replicate with the server.

We keep getting this error message every so often.

Does anyone know the reason why we get this message.

Gary Fose [MSFT]

Normally this error happens if 1. the remote server is not listedconfigured as a replication
partner or 2. when there is a temporary hiccup (hardware like a router) on the network between
remote locations where the traffic does not get through.

Gary
--------------------
'--'From: "gurvinder.nijjar" <[email protected]>
'--'Subject: WINS Error
'--'Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 14:11:56 +0100
'--'Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.networking
'--'
'--'I am running a full native windows 2000 Network and we have 2 domain
'--'controllers at each at our 3 sites. Each site has its own subnet and we are
'--'running as 1 domain. Each domaincontroller at each site is configured as a
'--'WINS server and all wins servers are configured as replication partners.
'--'
'--'On one of our domain controllers I keep getting the following error event:
'--'
'--'The Connection was aborted by the remote WINS. Remote WINS may not be
'--'configured to replicate with the server.
'--'
'--'We keep getting this error message every so often.
'--'
'--'Does anyone know the reason why we get this message.
'--'
'--'
'--'

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included
script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best
directed to the newsgroup/thread from which they originated.