WinMgmt.exe error message HELP!

ALentil

Every few seconds I get this error message:

"WinMgmt.exe has generated errors and will be closed by
Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error
log has been created." OK

I actually believe there are two messages that are almost
the same: one has WinMgmt.exe (mixed case), and the other
says winmgmt.exe (all lower case).

How can I make it stop/fix it?

Rashmi.K.Y [MSFT]

Hello,

I understand that the system displays the following error message and you
want to know how to fix the error message.

"WinMgmt.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will
need to restart the program. An error log has been created." OK

Cause:
=======
This behavior can occur if files in the following f older becomes
corrupted.

Winnt\System32\Wbem\Repository

The error message appears repeatedly because Winmgmt.exe polls the files
every 30 to 60 seconds.

Resolution:
==========

To resolve this behavior, delete and then re-create the files in the

%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem\Repository folder:

1. On the Desktop, right-click My Computer, and then click Manage.

2. Under Services and Applications, click Services, and then turn off and
stop the Windows Management Instrumentation service.

3. Delete all of the files that are in the following folder.

WINNT\System32\Wbem\Repository

(Make a backup copy before you delete the files.)

Hope it resolves the issue.

Thank you,

Rashmi