Windows XP proffesional Freezes/locksup

G

Ever since i installed updates for windows on my system about a month ago windows freezes up at random. About 7 times a day. Its not a heat issue because it freezes minutes or seconds after i first turn it on and anytime thereafter. I have already cleaned all the dust from inside everything. I have the latest drivers for everything, latest bios for the motherboard
Latest nvidia drivers/soundblasterlive! drivers. Latest 4 in 1 chipset drivers for via motherboard. I have already reinstalled windows and it still does not fix the freezing. It was fine before i got updates though. It has to be something with the updates i think, something after SP1. Any suggestiones? I have already scanned for viruses and fixed registry files and defragmented the drive and ran all the Norton utilities. Still freezes. Help!

G

I have read that this could be due to the Q811493 update? Has anyone experienced similar problems? I have also read that disableing digital sound from your cd-drive sometimes solves this freezing issue. I have yet to try deleting the Q811 but i have also read that none of the above is a real solution and the problem will most likely not be fixed by doing these things.

Ask a Question