windows XP administrator login password

Reaction score
Can anyone help with this login security problem that I have.

Last night pop up reminder appeared on my computer screen asking if I wanted to update Adobe software which I declined and selected the option to remind me later.

On rebooting the PC, during start up I was asked to login to windows XP as the administrator which I have never had to do before. Having tried to login with every possible password I could think of, it would not let me access the PC.

It was at that point that I used my laptop to search the web for a solution and came across this great forum and followed instructions on accessing the system in "SAFE MODE" and resetting the passwords by using the " control password2" option. This worked perfectly for me in safe mode and I thought that this would do the trick, but when I tried to reboot the PC and login in normal mode, it would still not allow me access with the new password as the administrator.

Having searched further on the web, I found a security issue regarding the Adobe 8 upgrade which apparently causes your PC to throw up the login option at startup but wont allow you access with any password. They recommended that I accessed the files in safe mode and uninstall/delete previous versions of Adobe and then reboot and lo back in. Needless to say, that having done this also, it still wont allow me access.

I have now hit a brick wall and wondered if anyone else had come across this problem and knows how I can gain access to my PC in normal mode.

Last edited:

Ask a Question