Windows XP 64 deployment

James Reynolds

I purchased a axiontech computer with a MSI K8T Neo
motherboard and an AMD 64 bit processor with 2 Serial ATA
Harddrives. I am having problems loading the win xp 64
bit edition on the drives - It wont pick up the drives
Any suggestions?
MSI says it doesen't support 64 bit as it's in beta and
they sent me the drives for win 2003

Rob

if 64bit XP requires 64 bit drivers, you're SOL. XP doesn't have native
SATA drivers and requires you to install them during textmode setup by
hitting F6 and providing the drivers on a diskette.

I've been having trouble with installing SATA drives on the Windows XP 64 bit as well. The drivers from MSI (I have a similar motherboard) come up as corrupted when I try to load them during the setup process for windows XP 64-bit
Thus I could not load the drivers for the SATA drives. Could thisbe because they are 32-bit and not 64-bit drivers
I do not have a regular IDE drive on this machine so I am SOL for now
On the bright side the old Windows XP works fine on my system, but I don't think its utilizing all 64-bits

I hope a 64-bit driver is developed soon

Later
Dude Wes

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello
Go to this newsgroup for 64-bit preview issues
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/64bit/extended/trial/support.mspx
You are getting that error message since the drivers you are trying to
install are 32 bit rather than 64 bit.
Post to the newsgroup with the specifics on the controller and they may be
able to direct you to location that has 64-bit drivers.

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]