Windows wont load

Reaction score
Hey all! Had my computer running fine this morning, then went off to work, came back and found that it would POST, but wouldnt enter windows. The windows screen with the blue taskbar comes up, then eventually I get a BSOD about the time it would normally drop into the desktop.

What i`ve tried so far: Flashing the CMOS, changing the CPU (was running under a Vapo before, then to air, then changed the CPU under air), switched the memory and changed the boot disk (the replacement wasnt set up for the mobo, but it wouldnt let me boot off the Windows disk when I changed the boot devices). Have been through all my BIOS settings, and nothing is abnormal.

AFAIK, it cant be the IDE cable for the HD coz if it was, the comp wouldnt POST, right?

Any ideas?

Mobo?

Thanks

Kenny

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
my money is on the mobo, but what do i know :D
since you change everything but the motherboard, that makes me think it is.

Reaction score
Thats what I thought, but I couldnt see how BUT...

Managd to get in under safe mode, did a system restore and its ok, but all my internet content is coming up from the system restore point, no idea why

Thats for getting back to tho :)

Kenny

Ask a Question