Windows updates

G

I have a friend who only has slow dial up internet access. Windowsupdate.com says there are 45 updates available for her version of XP. It says she needs SP1 first. We tried twice to download it and each time it takes 2 hrs and then says that it didn't update correctly!. Is there a way I can download, without installing, all of these updates on my DSL connected computer, and then put them on CD and take the CD to her computer to install??
Thanks for your time.

D

dev

Wizard said:
I have a friend who only has slow dial up internet access. Windowsupdate.com says there are 45 updates available for her version of XP. It says she needs SP1 first. We tried twice to download it and each time it takes 2 hrs and then says that it didn't update correctly!. Is there a way I can download, without installing, all of these updates on my DSL connected computer, and then put them on CD and take the CD to her computer to install??

HELP & SUPPORT|KEEP PC UP-TO-DATE...
Click on the Windows catalog and then input the info asked as each screen
appears. Eventually you will reach a list of critical and recommended
updates, which can be downloaded as files - shopping cart style.

There is no need to install EVERY update. Look over the "critical" list,
and choose those that relate to her system. Many are for networks.

SP-1 should be there, as well as comprehensive updates for MPlayer and
I.E., as I recall. *Those* you probably want.

D

dev

Wizard said:
I have a friend who only has slow dial up internet access. Windowsupdate.com says there are 45 updates available for her version of XP. It says she needs SP1 first. We tried twice to download it and each time it takes 2 hrs and then says that it didn't update correctly!. Is there a way I can download, without installing, all of these updates on my DSL connected computer, and then put them on CD and take the CD to her computer to install??.

I should add that if you don't see SP-1 there, go here...

http://www.microsoft.com/WindowsXP/pro/downloads/servicepacks/sp1/default.asp

Ask a Question