From: "internetops" <[email protected]>
Subject: Windows Update & SP4
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:47:28 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.advanced_server

We have our Win2K Adv. Servers configured to auto-update
via Windows Update. However, we had to re-apply SP4 to
repair a corrupt dll. What I am wondering is how does
Windows Update handle the fresh SP4 install. Since it
keeps a local record of what patches have been installed
on my machine, the fact that we overwrote the patches with
the service pack will not be apparent, correct?
Therefore, am I going to need to manually apply all
changes issued since SP4?

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.
--

Other than a few hotfixes the were released before SP4 that had to be repackaged all updates and SPs should be aware
of each other, per the catalog file and registry entries. In other words any updates that are post SP4 should not have been

I hope this answers your question.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.