Subject: sp2 upgrade
From: "jerry" <[email protected]>
Sent: 9/2/2004 5:26:13 PM

windows xp home.
I installed sp2 upgrade using a disk.
After one hour the screen said finished. I restarted as
required. I became leery of this upgrade because I am
using a dial-up (aol)and I was told that it would take a
few hours.
so, to check I went to auto update and installation
history which said windows xp service pack 2 "canceled".
source -auto update
went to C:\\windows and found C;\\windows\$ntservice pack
uninstall.(uninstall folder)
control panel-add/remove shows windows xp sp2 but no file
size.After all these steps I still am not sure if the
upgrade was good. Any suggestions? thanks
..

Ben

jerry said:
I posted this question under new users on 9/2 and never
received a reply

. Reply (E-mail) Forward (E-mail)

After one hour the screen said finished. I restarted as
required. I became leery of this upgrade because I am
using a dial-up (aol)and I was told that it would take a
few hours.
so, to check I went to auto update and installation
history which said windows xp service pack 2 "canceled".
source -auto update
went to C:\\windows and found C;\\windows\$ntservice pack
uninstall.(uninstall folder)
control panel-add/remove shows windows xp sp2 but no file
size.After all these steps I still am not sure if the
upgrade was good. Any suggestions? thanks
.
1.Don't worry about it.
2.Install sp2 again.
3.Every thing is fine, go on working........