Windows Mail won't send messages

jmenchak

I can receive messages through my windows mail account, but when I try to
send I get the following error

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'now?', Account:
'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

What did I do wrong?

gingercop

I have just solved same problem - but I also had to tick box next to my
server requires authentication [under tools, account, [select your account],
properties, servers].
Am setting up through aol, they gave me port 587, but port 25 also seems to
work

what is the answer to your problem?

jmenchak said:
I can receive messages through my windows mail account, but when I try to
send I get the following error

The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'now?', Account:
'plus.pop.mail.yahoo.com', Server: 'plus.smtp.mail.yahoo.com', Protocol:
SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

What did I do wrong?

Have you signed up for the Yahoo! Mail Plus account needed to use
that server? If so, see their instructions for the correct port numbers to
use:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-35.html

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-08.html

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/mail/original/mailplus/pop/pop-14.html

http://www.vista4beginners.com/Windows-Mail-Yahoo-Mail-Plus

Part of these instructions were written for Outlook Express, but should
also work under Windows Mail.

"what is the answer to your problem?" <what is the answer to your
[email protected]> wrote in message

Gary VanderMolen

Unless you use the exact settings specified by the owner of the mail server,
your mail account is likely to stop working sooner or later.
See my previous response.

--
Gary VanderMolen, MS-MVP