Windows mail problem

diane126

Tried to log into my optonline account and received the following message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.optonline.net',
Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Can anyone decipher this for me? What is the issue?

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

You should not be using advanced ports or SSL, see
http://optimum.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...2hfdGV4dD13aW5kb3dzIG1haWw*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then change port 995 to port 110 and uncheck the SSL option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)