Windows mail problem

  • Start date Start date

diane126

Tried to log into my optonline account and received the following message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.optonline.net',
Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Can anyone decipher this for me? What is the issue?

You should not be using advanced ports or SSL, see
http://optimum.custhelp.com/cgi-bin...2hfdGV4dD13aW5kb3dzIG1haWw*&p_li=&p_topview=1

Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced,
then change port 995 to port 110 and uncheck the SSL option.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"diane126" wrote in message
Tried to log into my optonline account and received the following message:

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.optonline.net',
Server: 'mail.optonline.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes,
Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Can anyone decipher this for me? What is the issue?

Back
Top