problem receiving emails

kdwatson

About a week ago are email server went down. We have to sign on to
optonline.net directly if we want to read are emails know. This is the error
message I get when I try to use windows mail:The connection to the server has
failed. Account: 'WINDOWS MAIL', Server: 'MAIL.OPTONLINE.NET', Protocol:
POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number:
0x800CCC0E

Hope you can help solve this problem.

Gary VanderMolen

Did you try it with port 110 without the SSL option?

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"kdwatson" wrote in message
About a week ago are email server went down. We have to sign on to
optonline.net directly if we want to read are emails know. This is the error
message I get when I try to use windows mail:The connection to the server has
failed. Account: 'WINDOWS MAIL', Server: 'MAIL.OPTONLINE.NET', Protocol:
POP3, Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number:
0x800CCC0E

Hope you can help solve this problem.

PropRod

Chances are that it's your antivirus program. Disable it and try to receive
mail. If it works, you'll need to tweak the settings in the antivirus
program. I use Avast! and I just turned mail scanning off completely
because of this problem.