Windows Mail on Vista can't send or receive Mail

Please help me resolve the following message. I have restarted my computer,
re setup my email account, and can get online just fine, just can't get to my
mail or send any through Windows Mail! PLEASE HELP!!!!

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net (1)',
Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10057, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

KristleBawl

Since AT&T merged with SBC, the servers and ports have changed.

Check with Bellsouth.net to see what your exact settings need to be.

"James Regan" wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

norm

KristleBawl said:
Since AT&T merged with SBC, the servers and ports have changed.

Check with Bellsouth.net to see what your exact settings need to be.

"James Regan" wrote in message
Kristle, the servers and ports ARE being changed, but it is not yet a
done deal. Some still have not been notified and old settings still work
and may for some time yet.

As to James' problem, the server setting info he gave is fine. Someone
is advising him elsewhere about stopping email scanning, and he should
do so, but he should also make sure, since he redid all his settings,
that he entered his username as a fully qualified username such as
(e-mail address removed).

James Regan said:
Please help me resolve the following message. I have restarted my computer,
re setup my email account, and can get online just fine, just can't get to my
mail or send any through Windows Mail! PLEASE HELP!!!!

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net (1)',
Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10057, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Did you get this problem resolved? I too am getting the same error code but I
am with blueyonder !!

Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE/WM

James Regan said:
Please help me resolve the following message. I have restarted my
computer,
re setup my email account, and can get online just fine, just can't get to
my
mail or send any through Windows Mail! PLEASE HELP!!!!

The connection to the server has failed. Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net
(1)',
Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No,
Socket Error: 10057, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E

Email scanning should be turned off in any anti-virus. It provides no
protection not provided by the regular resident protection.
Beside that, McAfee and Norton are not compatible with Windows Mail.