Windows mail does not even try to use the SMTP server

Fdecourt

Hi,

I am using Windows Mail with Windows Vista. Someday, eevery thing
start to work bad. My account are well configured (sure of that, it
worked on some other computers) but Windows mail does not even try to
connect to the SMTP Server. The Pop3 is working. The status pop do nov
even show the SMTP Connexion as a task, so there is not error !!!
I did many antivirus check and nothing.
Thanks for your help
Regards,
F.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

What happens to messages you attempt to send? Do they stay in the Outbox?
Your antivirus may be the problem. Which antivirus are you running?
Some of them are not very compatible with Windows Mail.
Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)

"Fdecourt" wrote in message
Hi,

I am using Windows Mail with Windows Vista. Someday, eevery thing
start to work bad. My account are well configured (sure of that, it
worked on some other computers) but Windows mail does not even try to
connect to the SMTP Server. The Pop3 is working. The status pop do nov
even show the SMTP Connexion as a task, so there is not error !!!
I did many antivirus check and nothing.
Thanks for your help
Regards,
F.

JD

This has only happened once before at the same coffee shop I go to in Denver.
My mails work fine every other time. I am running Norton 360. This is why
it is confussing that it is the router/internet connection. The emails just
sit in the outbook. If I restart the computer and open mail it receives new
mail and than gives me the error message for outgoing.

Thankis,

mac

JD said:
This has only happened once before at the same coffee shop I go to in
Denver.
My mails work fine every other time. I am running Norton 360. This is
why
it is confussing that it is the router/internet connection. The emails
just
sit in the outbook. If I restart the computer and open mail it receives
new
mail and than gives me the error message for outgoing.

Are you Fdecourt" or JD ?

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

I was responding to "Fdecourt" in this thread. Is that you?
If not, begin a new thread and include the complete error message.

"JD" wrote in message
This has only happened once before at the same coffee shop I go to in Denver.
My mails work fine every other time. I am running Norton 360. This is why
it is confussing that it is the router/internet connection. The emails just
sit in the outbook. If I restart the computer and open mail it receives new
mail and than gives me the error message for outgoing.

Thankis,

Fdecourt

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer. I am using AVAST, with the email scanning
activated.
With AVAST on, I create an other gmail account, configure it with
Windows mail, and try to send message, I was able to to it once, but
after, it was not working again. So the mail stay in the outbox. I
tried with the Email scan deactivated, restart the computer, but it
still not working. And with the antivirus totally deactivated it wont
work either.

Thanks for your help,

Regards,

F.

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

Your Avast! antivirus was probably installed with its default install option,
which installs an email scanning module. Just disabling its email scanning
is not a sufficient remedy. Uninstall Avast!, then reinstall, but select 'custom'
install, which then allows you to unselect installing its troublesome email
scanning module.

Another option, after uninstalling Avast, install the more compatible MSE:
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/