Windows Installer faulty

I am having major problems with Windows Installer. Every time I need to
install something, I get the error message - "The Windows Installer Service
can not be accessed. This can occur if Windows Installer is not correctly
installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance."

I have tried every possible solution I have come across both on this site
and elsewhere. I have just recently installed Microsoft Office 2003, and have
no doubt that this is what has caused the problem. But I obviously can not
uninstall it, and I have tried pretty much everything that has been thrown at
me.

It is imperitive that I get Windows Installer back up and running, because
this is a new computer, and I have yet to install my new security software
before my trial runs out in a few days.

Any help?

Claire

Darrell Gorter[MSFT]

Hello,
I need to see a copy of the system hive of the registry,
Can you make a copy of it and send it to me?
Compress it using zip please, otherwise it's pretty large
Remove the "online" portion of me email address

Thanks,
Darrell Gorter[MSFT]