Windows Explorer Hangs

G

In XP Pro Often when I delete a file or folder in Windows explorer the 'Deleting...' box remains displayed for up to a minute and Windows explorer hangs. If I close the 'Deleting...' box (press Cancel) it looks OK but when I try to shut down XP it reports a problem that an explorer task is not responding and asks if I want to close it down. This happens at some point every session on both my laptop and desktop PCs. After it first happens it happens pretty regularly after that.

G

More to the problem. When it happens the 'Deleting File' dialog box remains displayed for a very long time (can be about 10 minutes). If I press 'Cancel' on the File 'Deleting File' dialog box the problem is still there - the disk light stays on for up to about 10 minutes. It looks like the Explorer task is busy deleting the file still - maybe it's having trouble deleteing the file.

Ask a Question