Windows Explorer folder problem

Hi All,
Something is wrong to my Windows Explorer (WE) and when I click
a folder to make it open --- this is the error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error
Program C:\Windows\Explorer.exe
Abnormal program termination

I click the OK button and 'WE' banished.

By clicking the [+] of any folders and I can expand normally BUT refuse
to open the folder when click.

I hope you can help me ;o) TIA,
-Rino

Gerry Cornell

Please post complete copies of any Error / Warnings Reports relating
to the problem and for a minute or so immediately before the problem.
Please do not post any Information Reports.

You can access Event Viewer by selecting Start, Control Panel,
Administrative Tools, and Event Viewer. When researching the meaning
of the error, information regarding Event ID, Source and Description
are important.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427/en-us

Part of the Description of the error will include a link, which you
should double click for further information. You can copy using copy
and paste. Often the link will, however, say there is no further
information.
http://go.microsoft.com/fw.link/events.asp
(Please note the hyperlink above is for illustration purposes only)

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
click on the error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a
button resembling two pages. Click the button and close Event Viewer.
Now start your message (email) and do a paste into the body of the
message. Make sure this is the first paste after exiting from Event
Viewer.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Gerry,
Thanks for your time and effort. I did tried on Control Panel BUT I click Administrative Tools Icon --- the same error message come
out.
No way to open further. --Rino

[...]

I tried another old hard drive and install the O.S. and it works
perfectly --- all folders and files are easily open with 'WE'.

My dilemma is I liked better my NEW hard drive because it loaded
with all applications and data. The old hard drive is very small.

Question: What is wrong with my PC? O.S. problem or some
corrupted files? Virus? My AVG-7 reported nothing and cleaned.

Thanks for your kind help --- Rino

Hi All,
Something is wrong to my Windows Explorer (WE) and when I click
a folder to make it open --- this is the error message:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Runtime Error
Program C:\Windows\Explorer.exe
Abnormal program termination

I click the OK button and 'WE' banished.

By clicking the [+] of any folders and I can expand normally BUT
refuse to open the folder when click.

I hope you can help me ;o) TIA,
-Rino

Gerry Cornell

In Internet Explorer select Tools, Manage Add Ons. What Add Ons are
enabled?

Did you read the response by Ramesh to your early post a few days ago?
Also did you see the suggestion to try method 2.

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Gerry,
Nothing were enable. I have Messenger, Show Related Links, ieSpell Options, & ieSpell.

I'm anxiously read all Ramesh links BUT found nothing good. Try some but not working. Have not try Slow Right Click problem -- not
my PC problem.

-Rino

In Internet Explorer select Tools, Manage Add Ons. What Add Ons are
enabled?

Did you read the response by Ramesh to your early post a few days ago?
Also did you see the suggestion to try method 2.

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Gerry,
I tried my best and using eventvwr.msc to save a copy of Application
event. I see more (x) Error on System and SLEvtLog. Do you want me
to attach those log here? Sorry I cannot do Paste nor Copy except to
save. I hope you'll NOT abandon me BUT let us all keep trying.

--Rino

My other post:
[...]

You do not save the Event!

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
click on the error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a
button resembling two pages. Click the button and close Event Viewer.
Now start your message (email) and do a paste into the body of the
message. Make sure this is the first paste after exiting from Event
Viewer.

Only post copies of Reports from a single session and no Information
Reports please.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The moment I click Administrative Tools Icon (from control Panel) the Error
message come out > click OK > banished or disappears. No way to use it;
except this one: eventvwr.msc from Run.

My Saved log Not possible to Paste here BUT to ATTACH. Do you want me
to send that log through attachment?

Why I've tested another hard drive and it works OK? Same PC different OS.

--Rino

You do not save the Event!

A tip for posting copies of Error Reports! Run Event Viewer and double
click on the error you want to copy. In the window, which appears is a
button resembling two pages. Click the button and close Event Viewer.
Now start your message (email) and do a paste into the body of the
message. Make sure this is the first paste after exiting from Event
Viewer.

Only post copies of Reports from a single session and no Information
Reports please.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Another 2 things:

1. In my bottom Taskbar; a dark rectangular Icon says: Resident Shield:
Resident shield is not loaded.

2. I also try to delete by using Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs >
Microsoft Plus! Dancer LE. Not possible because of this error message:

The Windows Installer service could not be accessed or Windows
Installer is not correctly installed.

How shall I delete Dancer LE and install new Resident Shield?

--Rino

[...]

If you access Event Viewer throought Start, Run and typing
eventvwr.msc you can still copy and paste an error report in the way I
have suggested. Please try again to post some error reports.

Can you provide a list of what is not working.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gerry Cornell

What are your anti-virus and anti-spyware arrangements?

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Jerry,
What are your anti-virus and anti-spyware arrangements?
AVG-7.5+, Ad-Aware SE, cwshredder, ewido, anti-spyware, & HijackThis.exe.

I'm sorry it is not possible to Copy & Paste (C&P) to OE except to attach my
log files. Anybody can try and duplicate and see who can. Your suggestion to
open from Control Panel is also not possible and my eventvwr.msc open from
Run is much better BUT not possible to C&P except to attach my log files in OE.
Who is afraid of Attachment? We always attached in OE Stationery Newsgroup.
I think there is nothing important in those log.
Can you provide a list of what is not working.
Nothing is not working except I cannot open all my hard drive and their folder
BUT I can open up to clicking those [+] before a drive or folders.

I can open any programs and open any saved files within those programs,
save it too BUT if I uses Windows Explorer (WE) --- no way can open them
But and if I switch to my old hard drive with OS --- I can open it with "WE'.
I cannot replace with old hard drive because it is very small in capacity. I
want my new hard drive function again. No virus & spyware PC.

My only remedy to open a file; e.g., jpg picture file is to saved in Desktop.
YES, I can easily open any file save individually only in Desktop.

Is it not Windows Explorer (of new hard drive) is the culprit?

Thanks,
-Rino

If you access Event Viewer throought Start, Run and typing
eventvwr.msc you can still copy and paste an error report in the way I
have suggested. Please try again to post some error reports.

Can you provide a list of what is not working.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gerry Cornell

If you boot into Safe Mode can you open files in Windows Explorer
normally?

What version of Internet Explorer is installed?

In Internet Explorer select Tools, Manage Add Ons, Enable or Disable
Add Ons. What Add Ons are listed?

Posting newsgroups messages with attachments is discouraged because of
the risk of spreading viral infections. The OE stationery group does
not follow this practice in the same way as other groups do. The
procedure I have encouraged you to try is different to a normal copy
and paste. When you click on the button resembling two pages nothing
appears to happen and it is only when you paste that you know it has
worked. However, if it is not working then it could be a consequence
of the error we are trying to resolve.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi Jerry,
[...]

YES, no problem in Safe Mode -- 'WE' works normally --- but not in Normal Mode.
I used version 6 of IE.
In Internet Explorer select Tools, Manage Add Ons, Enable or Disable
Add Ons. What Add Ons are listed?
I have no Manage Add Ons menu. These I have on:

Mail & News
Synchronize
Windows update
Internet Options

Wait, regarding problem is not working -- I forgot to tell you early:
In the initial starting of Windows-xp Pro it were changed and I have to make a fast
click selection every time to Boot-up my Win-xp OS --- I don't know why it is so now?

This error message appears on start up: (before OS choice selection)
Windows could not start because of a computer disk hardware configuration problem.
Could not read form the selected Boot disk. Check boot path and disk hardware. Please
check the windows documentation about hardware reference manual for additional information.

Thanks - Jerry,
--Rino

[...]

Post me your Event Viewer log by email to (e-mail address removed)
reversing tenretnitb

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gerry Cornell

RINO

What is your first language. Are you using an English language version
of Window XP?

What little there is in the log files is very strange. It would seem
the system log stopped functioning in August 2006.

Install and run HijackThis:
Download HijackThis (Freeware)
http://tomcoyote.com/hjt/

Please email me a copy of the HijackThis log.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute

<<< R I N O >>> wrote:
[...]

I'm using American English of win-xp Pro
I never stop nor switch off those log --- maybe Internet intruders did.

I got HijackThis and latest log on it way. Thanks!