Windows Explorer crashes.

Frank Martin

Windows XP pro.

I download movies & video clips from the internet.

Sometimes the video clips cause Explorer to crash. If I
pass the errant clip thru a video converter then it plays
OK.

How can I stop this crashing behaviour?

Frank

Big_Al

Frank Martin said this on 5/7/2009 8:12 PM:
Windows XP pro.

I download movies & video clips from the internet.

Sometimes the video clips cause Explorer to crash. If I
pass the errant clip thru a video converter then it plays
OK.

How can I stop this crashing behaviour?

Frank
You can't, IMHO. You can never be sure anything you download from the
internet is going to work. It's a gamble, and you lost. You did find
a fix and that's all you can do, fix it if you can.

Granted you could try re-downloading again, it might have been a bad
load, but if the 2nd one is bad then that's about it.

You say it causes "explorer" to crash, but movies usually play in
Windows Media player. Are you sure its not media player crashing? If
that is the case, there is another player I like called VLC. It seems
to play some of my problem videos well, but then again we're back to the
first paragraph aren't we.
http://www.videolan.org/

Leythos

From: "Leythos" <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Subject: Re: Windows Explorer crashes.
Date: Thu, 7 May 2009 18:32:05 -0700

You need to format your hd and reinstall windows.

Impersonation complaint sent to your provider Chis.

The above advice, about formatting the drive, was posted by a unethical
hack trying to impersonate me - the headers show that it was not my
post.