Windows Defender ... no more Beta

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Windows Defender is a free program that helps protect your computer against pop-ups, slow performance, and security threats caused by spyware and other unwanted software. It features Real-Time Protection, a monitoring system that recommends actions against spyware when it's detected and minimizes interruptions and helps you stay productive. Now with 2 free support incidents for Windows XP and Windows Server 2003.
You can wait for Windows Update Site for your update ... or, go get it from ...

http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx

user.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks Mucks, I'll do this now :)

I quite like Windows Defender - I just hope they don't start charging for it!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Thanks Mucks, I'll do this now :)

I quite like Windows Defender - I just hope they don't start charging for it!
I've never seen it do anything ... mind you, I do have it set to scan @ 3am, just in case anything of interest gets by.

I don't think they will charge, maybe for 'help' as I see we can have two free support incidents ... whatever that is?

Naw, this is MS's way of getting back at Norton & MaCrapie. ;)

Reaction score
Error code 0x800106ba et. al.

I have joined the ranks of those with W/Defender having expired. For the free downld, instructions state: Remove old program etc etc. When I waited for-ever for the removal, up pops a window stating: Must remove 0x800106ba and one other code I did not make note of. There were no options I saw to remove these...Help?

Ask a Question