Windows 7 Windows 7 stability fix breaks stability, puzzles Microsoft

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
http://arstechnica.com/microsoft/ne...ty-update-breaks-stability-for-some-users.ars

"Microsoft moderator Arthur Li responded in the thread and recommended that users experiencing the issue should update their BIOS and their hardware drivers, disable any antivirus program they have installed, restart their computer with a clean boot, and try installing the update again. Nobody reported back to say whether this fixed the problem. He also marked an official answer for the thread which simply asks users to hide the update for the time being."

laughingsmiley.gif

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Oh dear.

I like Win 7, lots of little annoying things ironed out that were present in Vista.

However, drawing on my experience of using Vista for 21 months and Win 7 for 3 months I have concluded that Vista is the more stable of the 2 OS's.

And Win 7 has no Quick launch.

And Win 7 doesn't list Media Centre in it's choice of default programs.

I will probably think of more :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Hmmm, my system has been stable as it can be, Win 7 + big Overclock and no bluescreeens, no crashing, no lockup or any other 'problem.

Yes i have that update installed too.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I just looked and I don't appear to have it installed and it's not offered as an optional update.

Sometimes I think there is some mischief making amongst the anti-Microsoft brigade.

However, Fallout 3 just crashed on me for the first time. No BSOD and I had been playing it for over 3 hours but still annoying.

Ask a Question