Windows 2003 Port Mapping

G

Hell
We have a Visual Basic progam that a user wants to run on windows 2003, and Terminal Service. the program works ok except we have some code that opens lpt1: or Com1: (which is connected to the client and the program is on the server )for ouput, and sends a code so the device(Cash Drawer) will open. when going through window 2003, and terminal service there is an error message. We have other user that are using window 2000 and cytrix, and everything seems to work ok. there seems to be probelem in getting the name of the port to open, but not sure. the code i
Open lpt1: for output as #
print #1, "07
Close #

the error heppens on the open stmt in window 2003. if the device is connected to the server and the program is ran from the server everthing works ok. the problem only occurs if it is tryting to use the device on the client

does anyone have any ideas

Thnaks in advance

I

Ivan Leichtling [MSFT]

I've been told that it is a known issue that VB can not be used to
open ports that have been redirected via TS. I'll investigate further
and verify this.

Hello
We have a Visual Basic progam that a user wants to run on windows 2003, and Terminal Service. the program works ok except we have some code that opens lpt1: or Com1: (which is connected to the client and the program is on the server )for ouput, and sends a code so the device(Cash Drawer) will open. when going through window 2003, and terminal service there is an error message. We have other user that are using window 2000 and cytrix, and everything seems to work ok. there seems to be probelem in getting the name of the port to open, but not sure. the code is
Open lpt1: for output as #1
print #1, "07"
Close #1

the error heppens on the open stmt in window 2003. if the device is connected to the server and the program is ran from the server everthing works ok. the problem only occurs if it is tryting to use the device on the client.

does anyone have any ideas?

Thnaks in advance

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights

Ask a Question