Windows XP Windows 2000 Spyware Big problem! Please help.

Reaction score
Thanks to anyone who can help or knows where I could find help on this.

My computer has been infected with Spyware and a 'big' trojan. My norton antivirus has got rid of the trojan but my computer is still telling me I have a virus. In the corner of my screen a yellow triangle flashing, then a message appears saying varied things such as "SECURITY ALERT: NetWorm-i.Virus@fp". When I click it, it goes to varied sites that offer spyware removal (all ones you have to pay for). I have tried SpyDocotr, CCleaner, Adware SE Personal, Windows Beta 2 and Search and Destroy. Windows Beta and Norton both say that my computer is fine and has not detected anything. However, I still recieve pop-ups and this security message/s which is really staring to **** me off. Does anyone know how I can get rid of this?

Thank you so much guys.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Antivir is better than AVG. Your choice.

I have changed your thread title to lower case cos it's rood to shout.

Reaction score
microsoft has malicious software removal tool which can check online or you can download the tool and run. also try http://safety.live.com and do the protection scan/cleanupscan/tuneup scan..see if that helps as you have tried almost everything else..good luck

Reaction score
Looks like a spysherrif kind of spyware

Take a look at your HOSTS-File for unwanted entries

Reaction score
Clarke said:
Thanks to anyone who can help or knows where I could find help on this.

My computer has been infected with Spyware and a 'big' trojan. My norton antivirus has got rid of the trojan but my computer is still telling me I have a virus. In the corner of my screen a yellow triangle flashing, then a message appears saying varied things such as "SECURITY ALERT: NetWorm-i.Virus@fp". When I click it, it goes to varied sites that offer spyware removal (all ones you have to pay for). I have tried SpyDocotr, CCleaner, Adware SE Personal, Windows Beta 2 and Search and Destroy. Windows Beta and Norton both say that my computer is fine and has not detected anything. However, I still recieve pop-ups and this security message/s which is really staring to **** me off. Does anyone know how I can get rid of this?

Thank you so much guys.

I have the same problem with you Clarke now.. can u reply back how you finaly got rid of it please ?? Email me here or if it's possible email me at (e-mail address removed) add me if you can on your msn to explain me

Ask a Question