Windows 2000 recovery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello all,

This is a bit of a long story, but please bear with me. A few years ago my sister bought a used laptop and it ran Windows 2000 pro. The computer worked fine and the only problem I could see was that it didn't come with any recovery cd's (because it was used we were told). Anyways a couple of months ago I moved to Japan and took that same little lappy with me and just a few weeks I got some virus on it that rendered it completely useless. Normally I would just restore the settings but I didn't have the recovery cd's :) So, I relented and a bought a new one, making sure that it did come with them. The other day I got an idea and tried to use the recovery cd's I got with my new laptop on the old one hoping it would wipe it clean. But unfortunately after running the cd's, the laptop now can't even boot windows :( So (finally), I'm wondering if anyone has any idea's as to how I can fix this problem and somehow get an OS back on the old laptop without actally having the recovery cd's.

Thanks in advance for any advice

Reaction score
Please DO NOT post twice on the same problem.
It will only confuse people & take longer to sort out your problem!
Would you please delete this thread using the 'edit' button!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
feckit said:
Please DO NOT post twice on the same problem.
It will only confuse people & take longer to sort out your problem!
Would you please delete this thread using the 'edit' button!
... you is too quick for me today. ;)

:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question