Win2k Login, Keyboard won't type

Reaction score
  • Operating System: Win2k
  • Your Computer Specifications - Asus P4C800 Motherboard, 80g Seagate Sata V HD(Master), 30g Maxtor ATA(Slave), Radeon 9800SE 128mb ATI graphics card, Creative Audigy2 Sound Blaster, Sony DVD RW, Logitech USB wireless keyboard and mouse.
I'm having trouble logging into Win 2k, I get to the login screen and my keyboard won't type at all. I've rebooted several times and when I use the keyboard to go into the bios it works fine. I don't know what to do. I want/need to avoid reinstalling windows, because I need to get some data off the HD. I haven't used this computer for a while, because I had to replace the power supply. Everything boots up fine, no errors, except that the keyboard won't type at the login screen. Please Help!! If anyone can help me get this figured out I would greatly appreciate it.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Have you got a PS/2 keyboard you could use to see if that is causing a problem with Windows? It might also be worth trying to log in using safe mode.

Reaction score
I tried going into safe mode and it still won't let me type. I don't have standard keyboard to use right now. The keyboard was working fine in bios, so it's not the keyboard or USB port, I don't believe. It's strange to have both work at that point and than stop working at the Login screen.

Ask a Question