Win XP and floppy drive

G

I installed Windows XP Home Edition OEM clean and cannot use the floppy drive. A message appears everytime I try that says, "You do not have access to the folder 'A:\'. See your administrator for access to this folder." I am the administrator and the only one using the computer. If I put a floppy in and then start the PC it will show the contents of the floppy. (I used a floppy that is used to test the hard drive, loaned to me by the company that I bought XP from.) I also have used a different floppy drive. This computer and all of it's componets are new. The floppy drive shows as being installed on "MY Computer." I built this computer (it's my first), using an Intel D850GB motherboard, Intel 1.4 Ghz CPU, Western Digital 120 Gig hard drive, (in case one of these could be the problem). I have tried every way imaginable to access a floppy disc and nothing works. The company I bought the XP OEM CD from sent the CD to Microsoft, it was tested and sent back as tested and working fine. Can someone please tell me what is or might be wrong? I read a in a recent post/thread that XP Home edition has no capability for a password, but mine does. The first thing that comes on screen is the sign-in. I sign-in with my password and then it goes to my McAfee Firewall sign-in. I sign-in there with my password and the Win XP screen display comes up. Other than the floppy drive not working everything else is fine, including my CD-RW, and CD (I have two, don't ask why, cause I had two and put'em in). Any and all help would be greatly appreciated, I need my floppy drive! Thanks, hogsnvines

G

did we try the administrator account in safe mode then making sure you can access it from there

G

How do I get in safe mode and access my Administrator account to access my floppy drive to make sure I can access the floppy drive from there? Patrickv81 suggested that to me in regard to my floppy drive not working. Could the floppy drive be turned off there? Thanks again, hgsnvns

----- Patrickv81 wrote: -----

did we try the administrator account in safe mode then making sure you can access it from there

Ask a Question