Windows 7 Win 7 and Audio Acceleration.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to turn down Audio Acceleration? :D

Seems some games have problems running properly when Audio Acceleration is set to Full.
It also seems that Win 7 no longer has the option to turn it down in Dxdiag anymore. :confused:

If your wondering, im having problems with audio stuttering on Oblivion. So far all attempts to find a solution have ended with no luck (ini fiddling)... or turning off audio acceleration being the answer.
wallbash.gif

Did you run into any problems Flops?

PS: The audio is fine until I hit something with a weapon or cast a spell. Its almost as if the audio is going 'side to side' for the duration of the sound and get really irritating. As far as I can tell its not user error.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
BAM!
Fixed. The Answer turns out to be... Vista and Win 7 dont use audio acceleration!
As a result Creative uses OpenCL for audio... and that leads to Alchemy. All I had to do was add Oblivion to the list and that fixed it!

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks for letting us know Alf :D. You managed to sort it within the hour, that's good work! :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Actually it took me about 4 hours to figure that out. :)
But its good to know if anyone has audio problems.

Ask a Question