Wi-Fi security?

John Doe

Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54GL

When Windows starts and I connect to the router's Wi-Fi, other connections
pop-up at the same time showing 100% signal strength (like the router's Wi-
Fi). That seems strange.

Can I assume that any and all connections to the router are shown after
signing in (with password) to the router's "DHCP Active IP Table"?

DHCP Server IP Address : 192.168.2.1

Should I know anything about 192.168.1...?

We've had no complaints from the ISP. I don't know how to measure total
traffic on the router.

Thanks.

Dustin

John Doe <[email protected]> Wed, 24 Dec 2014 18:58:44 GMT in alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,
wrote the following message:
Can I assume that any and all connections to the router are shown
after signing in (with password) to the router's "DHCP Active IP
Table"?

No. That will only show the computers connected using DHCP. Any
computer/device assigned a static IP isn't going to appear on that list.

mathedman

Wireless-G Broadband Router WRT54GL

When Windows starts and I connect to the router's Wi-Fi, other connections
pop-up at the same time showing 100% signal strength (like the router's Wi-
Fi). That seems strange.

Why strange? The routers (yours anf your neighbors') transmit the
signal. You don't know their key so their presence means nothing
Can I assume that any and all connections to the router are shown after
signing in (with password) to the router's "DHCP Active IP Table"?

You're not "connected to your router" physically - you're receiving
it's transmitted signals --wireless! Like radio!
You would have no idea if others were using your router --but they
can't receive content from your router unless they know the "key".
DHCP Server IP Address : 192.168.2.1

Should I know anything about 192.168.1...?
Just that it's your IP address --you have no real use for it.

If someone from "out there" used their browser with this IP
address, they'd get your router and then be asked for the routers password.
We've had no complaints from the ISP. I don't know how to measure total
traffic on the router.
Your ISP doesn't know which routers' signals you're picking up!
Charter Cable Co. offers an on-line router speed test for what it's
worth--but so you know your speed. Is that helpful?

G Moron@StillHere

John Doe <[email protected]> Wed, 24 Dec 2014 18:58:44 GMT in alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,
wrote the following message:

No. That will only show the computers connected using DHCP. Any
computer/device assigned a static IP isn't going to appear on that list.

Subject: Dustin Cook Threatens to Shoot G Morgan In a Driveby

"Maybe I'll just come visit you in person. I'll soon thanks to some RL
issues not only have the finances, but a vehicle completely unknown to
you as well. What's to stop me from rolling up, popping off a few rounds
and driving home?"

http://al.howardknight.net/msgid.cgi?STYPE=msgid&A=0&MSGI=<XnsA16FB9373616B7Z317AGDTEHHI8AJ283@no>
or
https://tinyurl.com/ldwek2a

From: Dustin <[email protected]>
Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth
Subject: Re: morgan plays both sides again..
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 23:00:15 +0000 (UTC)

Listen Dustin,

I'm listening...
You stay on your side of the street, I'll stay on mine.

uh huh.
I don't particularly like you. I offered to kick your tooth in for
you *twice* and you backed down both times. Since then I've gathered
a great deal of personal information about you. If you thought that
GSV BD dropped was bad, you aint seen nothin. Your new address
hasn't had a Google car drive on the street, but there is a nice
satellite view.

Are you seriously ****ing threatening me? Listen, I've had some RL shit
go down quite recently; I'm not in the mood for BD like games with you.

what new address? Listen, all bullshit aside, I'll turn your RL world
completely upside down. I was *playing* with BD. I won't play with you.
Pizza anyone? Yeah, I can fake your caller ID too. Maybe even send
a bunch of postcards to your neighbors, you can only imagine what I
can come with.

Morgan, You really don't know the abilities I've got or the lengths I'll
go thru to make a point. Don't continue down this path. Don't give me a
reason.
That telephone number you have on me - just VM now. I got a new
number just today with my new bad-ass phone. 2Gz - proc. inside a
phone, can you believe that shit? That's faster than your fastest
DT, IIRC.

Are you dumb, daft, slow or what? I already told you I don't have your
number anymore. I don't make any effort to contact you.
Maybe I'll put NewsMeastro on the old one and hide it in the ceiling
@ McD's. That should be a hoot!

Maybe I'll just come visit you in person. I'll soon thanks to some RL
issues not only have the finances, but a vehicle completely unknown to
you as well. What's to stop me from rolling up, popping off a few rounds
and driving home?

Nothing is the answer to that question. **** off morgan.

Diesel

Davej <[email protected]>
Wed, 14
Jan said:

5mp ip camera with IR, motion triggering, and 2.8-12mm lens

[snip url]

That has what to do with the article referenced in the MID above?

This is what I wrote that was replaced with [...]

Subject: Re: Wi-Fi security?
From: Dustin <[email protected]>
posting-host="82c950c44c1460224ed0debd4bb2fb7e"; correct posting host.
it's my post.

Contents of post:
John Doe <[email protected]> Wed, 24 Dec 2014 18:58:44 GMT in alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,
wrote the following message:
Can I assume that any and all connections to the router are shown
after signing in (with password) to the router's "DHCP Active IP
Table"?

No. That will only show the computers connected using DHCP. Any
computer/device assigned a static IP isn't going to appear on that
list.

*** the subject is obviously different as well, I turned scoring off
in Xnews and reconstructed the thread. Unless I'm missing posts, you
changed the thread subject to imply I was recently threatening
someone.

Do you by chance own the page from that link?

The individual posting the old post that you replied to is using a
remailer. They are whats known as an internet troll. The 'discussion'
that post was in was settled, a long time ago.

John Doe

Off-topic nym-shifting troll

From: G Moron StillHere
Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2014 23:13:28 +0100
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-8

John Doe <always.look message.header> dont-email.me

From: Dustin <calling.my.stalker.wheres.my.bitch huh.com>
Newsgroups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk,alt.politics.scorched-earth
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 23:00:15 +0000 (UTC)

G. Morgan <sealteam6 osama-is-dead.net> wrote in
Osama-is-dead.net: