Why is my connection interrupted during gaming?

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

i have a very big problem my internet connection interrupted every time while in game and when i return to desktop it show me a redcross when i check my router the led that show ethernet connection still light up and the at the back of my where the cable is connected the two led still light up. its very annoying because i can play online game, have someone experience this before and can give me a step by step what he did to resolve it..........help please

my system is as follow
pentium dual core1.8 ghz processor
gt 520 graphic card
1 gb ram
window 7 home basic

thank...

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
what kind of router?
what kind of network adapter?
Have you tried updating your network adapter drivers?
How often does this happen? Only when you're gaming?

Reaction score
its not the router the problem because when i am not in gaming it work fine.
i used on board network adapter my motnerboard is a biostar G31-M7 TE Ver. 6.7/6.8
and yes only on gaming. its began when i place a new video card on the motherboard
geforce gt 520.

can you help me?

Reaction score
HI,
i have update the driver and nothing happen still the same. :cry:
i thought there are a conflict between the video card and nic i am not sure.
do you have other solution about this, i am confused:confused:

Silverhazesurfer

Master of Logic
Reaction score
what happens to let you know the network card stops functioning while in game? if you installed the video card and it conflicts with the network card, the logical step is to remove the card and check for issues. but if you can't play the game without that card installed and only while the game is running, do you have an issue, I'm not sure what to tell you. check error logs and see if there is a problem but I'm not clear on how the issue presents itself.

Reaction score
hi, first thanks of replying so fast
i am using window 7 home basic and when i open the game and return to desktop my internet connection interrupted and show a red cross on the small monitor at the right of the screen.i can't connect to internet till i restart the system and yes i can't play game without the card.
just take a look at this http://www.ehow.com/list_7468354_video-card-nic-conflicts.html
it seem be the problem i am confronting but a can do any of these issue.
the first solution say to remove the nic to another slot but it is an on board nic and can't be remove nor
my video card because i have only one pci-e slot.
the second solution said to go on bios and change irq to vga, i can't enter bios because my keyboard don't work on bios i must have a ps2 keyboard and i am using usb.
There are no other solution you known to resolve it???

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
the first solution say to remove the nic to another slot but it is an on board nic and can't be remove nor

the second solution said to go on bios and change irq to vga, i can't enter bios because my keyboard don't work on bios i must have a ps2 keyboard and i am using usb.
There are no other solution you known to resolve it???

for the NIC, goto device manager and uninstall the drivers then reinstall them.

As for the USB keyboard your can get a USB to PS2 adapter for next to nothng

Ask a Question