why can I not see Wordart in my website

I have published the web site but cant see any of the wordart text, there
does not appear to be a way of converting to an image file. I have tried copy
paste to other application but loose the resolution. Why does Frontpage
include wordart if it can t be seen or am I being stupid???

Please help

Mike Mueller

WordArt generated in FP can only be viewed in IE.
If you create your WordArt in Publisher and save that as a
webpage, the _files folder for the saved page will have a
gif version of the WordArt. Import that gif image into your
web and place it wher you want it

"explodinghead" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
: Sorry for posting this _ I have the answer - Wordart is
crap for this.
:

Kevin Spencer

You figured it out! ;-)

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
..Net Developer
Neither a follower nor a lender be.

Steve Easton

Take a screen shot of the word art, save it as a .jpg image and then use the image.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage

Ronx

Do a print-screen of your word art and paste into a graphics program (Paint
is suitable).
Crop the image, then save as a .jpg or .gif (.gif if less than 256 colours).
Save the image, then import it into your web.
Delete the Word art, and replace with your image.

Word Art (and all other VML graphics created with the FrontPage drawing
tools) can only be seen in IE5.5 and later running on Windows.

Andrew Murray

WordArt does not work in any browser except IE (it is a Microsoft invention that
it introduced to its Office products some years ago).

If you like the Word Art, then you'd need to copy it to an image editor and save
as an image. Word Art is "VML" and other browsers cannot recognise it.

Thomas A. Rowe

Because FP is a member of the Office family of applications, so it will continue to share certain
core application / features that all Office application share.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

Andrew Murray

Word Art may be OK in some instances, but I say if people want word art, then let
it stay in apps such as Publisher, Word (in which case the result would be
printed material mostly) and Powerpoint for presentations where Word Art might be
used - it will work because the PPT file is on the machine projecting the
presentation.

Word Art is no good for the web unless you have IE browser and lastest one at
that.

Or have an easy way to convert the VML object to an image - within Frontpage
itself rather than the pain of having to copy and paste the object to an image
editor then save and import back into the html page.

Thomas A. Rowe

Just because it is included, doesn't mean it has to be used, but the real issues is that FP users do
not know why they should avoid it.
WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

If you're using MS Publisher XP or later, right click on your word art and
select "Save as Picture" and then pick your poison as to the file type.