Who Deleted My "New Thread"

I Posted New Thread Subject : HTML on 3/28/2004 and I've got couple of replies and
I Replied Back and I was still waitting for some Feedback !! I searched all Windows XP News
Groups and I cannot Find It .......Strange !
Who Has the power to Delete a NEW THREAD and Why ??
Here Under You Find Two Replies/Feedback One From Sharon F and the other from STEV

#
___________
HTM

(Windows Xp Pro ,, DSL Connection
Would You please tell me how can I Fix this if possible
- HTML /Web Documents/Applications/Link
or what ever it's called,, I mean The HTML(thing) that You can edit
with note pad, and You can Open with Internet Explorer to get access t
the Internet.. Has changed its Icon !! It used to be same as the Interne
Explorer (e) default white and blue Icon,, Now It has changed to some
Plain document Icon !! How Can I Change It back to its original (e) Icon type ?
* Please be easy on me. Explain what and how to do the Fix step by step becaus
I am slow and I am New to all of this
Thanking Yo
Regard
Lin

--------------------

Not understanding your description of the problem.

Perhaps this is what you're looking for: Internet Options> Programs an
select to have IE check that it is the default browser. This will reset th
associations for file extensions related to web documents, URLs etc. Afte
using this, .HTM, .HTML, .URL and other web items will show the IE ico
again. There is a "Reset Web Settings" button on this page that might b
helpful too

Use Internet Options> Programs to set your default HTML editor. The progra
selected here is what will be used if you use "view source" on a web page
Notepad will work for this task.

--
Sharon
MS-MVP ~ Windows XP Shell/Use
---------------------------
Hi Sharo
Well I've tried what you told me to do, But.
that didn't change The Icon's type and color nor didn't set my default HTML editor to what it was before
I understand that doing so should reset my HTML editor to original file associated to open with which is Internet Explore
the (e) Icon.. but it's not doing it !! I don't know why. maybe it's because of this
I looked in Folder Options under File Types to see what is the the file associated with to open HTML and HTM
They both are associated to open with Internet Explorer and to edit with note pad,, BUT their Icon Types in that list under
File Types not same as The e Icon of Internet Explorer !! and when I go to advanced to look at and to change their
Icons .. I found that their Icons same as Internet explorer e icon !! All what I want is to change All My HTML Icons
back to their original state which was the Internet Explorer e Icon .. But Now all my HTMLs (which are many that
I have and I use to create and Edit some webs ) They all have now some white plan file Icon Type and I dont know
how to reset it bac
Thanks anywa
Please Keep trying to help me out with thi
Regard
Lin
==============================
#
--------

HTM

(Windows Xp Pro ,, DSL Connection
Would You please tell me how can I Fix this if possible
- HTML /Web Documents/Applications/Link
or what ever it's called,, I mean The HTML(thing) that You can edit
with note pad, and You can Open with Internet Explorer to get access t
the Internet.. Has changed its Icon !! It used to be same as the Interne
Explorer (e) default white and blue Icon,, Now It has changed to some
Plain document Icon !! How Can I Change It back to its original (e) Icon type ?
* Please be easy on me. Explain what and how to do the Fix step by step becaus
I am slow and I am New to all of this
Thanking Yo
Regard
Lin
---------
==================
Somebody might come up with a better answer than this.....

Open a folder (My Documents will do
Click on Tools, Folder Option
Click on the File Types ta
Scroll down the Registered file types until you get to HTM and HTML (I'
assuming it's one of those that's changed but there are some at the top wit
the same icon as well as URL near the bottom
Select it and Click Advance
Click on Change Icon

On my computer I see 23 icons including the blue E on white (which is
selected)

In the Look for icons in this file: box it says C:\Program Files\Internet
Explorer\iexplore.exe

If you can't see the icon you want click on Browse and look for this file.

Select the icon it and click OK.

Steve

---------------------
hi Stephen
That is exactly what I've been doing But its not helping much to change The Icons.. !! It shows that Icons have
changed to Internet Explorer (e) icon but that is not happening.. I mean all info in Folder Options/File Types/Advanced
are correct. but I don't know what should I look for under Edit in advanced..
File Associated to open with is coorect and the Icon is e icon
Details of HTML extentions are coorect : Open with Internet Explorer and the icon is e !! all that is correct
What is not correct is That: HTML and HTM icons under: Registered Type Files are not as Internet Explorer e Icons !!
even when I go and I change Icon , those HTML and HTM icons under: Registered Type Files are not changing They
are all the time White Plain file type same as all my HTMLs document Files.. and I couldn't change them back I dont know why.
The Only File Type That Has Internet Explorer ( e ) Icon under Registered Type Files List is: ONLY ONE FILE TYPE which is: URL file .......... strange
Thanks anyway
Regards
Lina

Rick Chauvin

Lina said:
I Posted New Thread Subject : HTML on 3/28/2004 and I've got
couple of replies and I Replied Back and I was still waitting for some
Feedback !! I searched all Windows XP News Groups and I cannot Find It
.......Strange !!

No one deleted your post Lina, it's still there but it's not where you are
expecting it.

The problem is you had posted the exact same Subject as did another person
earlier in the month, and so your post has now fallen in as a subthread
under their post.

This happens occasionally on all MS groups, and unless the admin creates a
process to not have a 'same subject' but 'different poster' not do what it
did - then it still will happen when people post the exact same Subject
header while there is still another one in the system it will fall under
the first dated post.

...you will find your post under this one: