Which Wireless Adapter?

Reaction score
Hello PCR,​
Since being back at home and using my desktop again, I am in need of a wifi adapter to connect to my homes wireless internet.​
I did use my laptop and set up a bridge between the two machines, but this was alright at first but now is getting tedious.​
I have had a look, and there are so many wifi adapters out there! What one should I go for?​
I need it to work with Windows 7, and aim to game on the computer, I dont know if this has an influence on the type of adapter I will need?​
Kind Regards​
Geo​

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Just go for a name brand with a proven track record, can't really go wrong with Netgear and Linksys. Shouldn't be any compatibility problems as I see you're still using Win XP.

Just don't go for a cheap and nasty card, they're a false economy.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
If I remember rightly, I was recommended this one from a similar query here some time ago.

D-Link DWL-G510 Was about £15ish I think.

user.gif

Reaction score
Forgot to mention, I am using windows 7 hence asking!

I don't want to purchase one which wouldn't work with the new vista!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Ah, sorry bout dat :blush:

Then just make sure whatever card you choose works with Win 7 as there have been a lot of compatibility problems with wireless NIC cards and Win 7.

Ask a Question