Which speakers?

Reaction score
I have a new Toshiba laptop and would like to have some speakers for it along with a subwoofer.
On my old computer I had some Edifer speakers with a subwoofer (R301) and they are great. Can someone please help me on how to connect them up to my laptop.

Any advice would be appricated.

Reaction score
A lot of times with a laptop, you may only have a headphones port that works for external audio. It will be a 1/8" hole that has a headphones symbol next to it. If you don't see that, you may see the same style hole with what look like audio waves coming from it. If you do, you want to use that port that has the arrow pointing away from the port for Audio Output. If the arrow is pointing toward the port, it means Audio Input, like a microphone. If your speakers don't connect with a normal 1/8" plug, or you don't have one of those ports, give a little more description of the laptop, like the model or something, and I'll see if I can get you better info!

Reaction score
A lot of times with a laptop, you may only have a headphones port that works for external audio. It will be a 1/8" hole that has a headphones symbol next to it. If you don't see that, you may see the same style hole with what look like audio waves coming from it. If you do, you want to use that port that has the arrow pointing away from the port for Audio Output. If the arrow is pointing toward the port, it means Audio Input, like a microphone. If your speakers don't connect with a normal 1/8" plug, or you don't have one of those ports, give a little more description of the laptop, like the model or something, and I'll see if I can get you better info!

Thank you Alow. I have a Toshiba satellite L750/L755.
It looks like it has 2 port holes one for headphones and the other for a micophone:(

Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't very clear about the headphone port. You can use the headphone port (usually) for speakers as well.

Reaction score
Sorry I wasn't very clear about the headphone port. You can use the headphone port (usually) for speakers as well.

Thanks Alow.
I am now all connected and music is playing :thumb: Thanks so much for your advice.
:cheers: Jill

Ask a Question