Which on-line site for vids and photos ??

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
I'm a member of a club with members all over the uk. I want to post some pics and vids ( the vids can be up to 6 mins long) so that everyone can access them on line. I want folk to be able to access the pics with out having to join a site if possible.
I looked at Flicker and liked the "GROUP" idea but you can only post very short vids. Also looked at Picasa but could not figure out if you had to join to see the pics.
We have a web site but its pretty small so can not post pics and vids there. So was going to post a link on the site linking up to a web based album.
So has anyone any experience and suggestions for the right site for me.

happywave.gif

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I don't think you need to be a member of Picasa to see the pics - I've had a few good album links sent to me via e-mail and I've been able to see them :thumb: I think they support videos too :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Spent an hour searching the Picasa site but could find no mention of video size, you can upload vids with windows but not linux. Anyone know if Picasa has a size limit on vids ??

Found this site and it looks pretty much what I need,

http://atpic.com/

user.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
I'm probably a bit late with this, because I've not been around for a couple of days, but out of interest, Google video, provides a service:

On Google Video you have the ability to add captions or subtitles to your movie. What’s more, there’s no file size limit! The site accepts AVI, MPEG, Quicktime, Real, and Windows Media formats.

LINK to the above info.

:wave:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Thanks TC.. I like the look of that as it has unlimite file size.

Anyone used any picture and video sites to up load their stuff ? Be nice to get a useres view of any sites.

happywave.gif

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
Well I've certainly used Picasa for photos. Once you have it, it will automatically copy any photos on your PC to the Picasa album. From there, you can select the ones you want to upload to a Picasa web album. Again, it's very easy. You can choose whether you want them to be public, or private, just by ticking the relevant box.

As you probably know, Picasa also allows you to make a few adjustments to your pics - such as contrast, brightness, etc., there are also some quite interesting "effects" you can add if you wish.

I've never uploaded vids, but Mucks has, so he might be able to tell you more about that - they certainly looked awfully good though. :thumb:

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
We have a web site but its pretty small so can not post pics and vids there.

happywave.gif

How small is your site..? Why not use something like Jalbum to create an album and add it to your site..Its a fantastic tool and does all the work for you

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Looked at the Jalbum Madxgraphics and you do not seem able to download the pics. Looks neat though.
I need to use a site that will alow folk looking the oportunity to download the pics and vids. It also has to be simple for folk to do this.

happywave.gif

Reaction score
DOH! perhaps I should pay more attention to what I am reading in future..I was thinking along the lines that you'd be the sole person uploading photos etc...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Taffycat said:
Well I've certainly used Picasa for photos. Once you have it, it will automatically copy any photos on your PC to the Picasa album.

Does it indeed? That could be embarrassing :eek:

Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Does it indeed? That could be embarrassing :eek:

Very indeed..We installed it on the machines at work for staff, and found that where people were sharing computers..Picasa was searching all users on that computer and over the network...Some very questionable pics were found and seen and Picasa was shortly removed..

Ask a Question