Incompatibilites Between Photos on PC and Mac

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
A friend in the USA is trying to send me some photos via email. I have never had problems sending or receiving photos from anywhere in the UK or anywhere else in the world.

However, when the photos are sent to me there is only the outline of where the photo is supposed to be but no actual picture. The only difference on this occasion is that the pics are being sent by a Mac. The pics are JPEGs, which normally come to me without any trouble.

Does anyone know of any problems with sending from a mac to a PC?

This is what I'm receiving.

attachment.php

Any ideas?

Attachments

• Photo.JPG
    Photo.JPG
    6.5 KB · Views: 276

EvanDavis

Silly Fool
Reaction score
I send pics from my Mac to friends with PC's and never have a problem. But if the person using the MAc compresses the image, then the PC user may have trouble opening them.

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
To me it looks like a wrong link to the photo therefore the photo is not visible in the email. If the person actually uploads the image rather than paste a link it might work. Find out what the person did to know what caused it.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies.

She is not too computer savvy but says that she has sent them from her iPhoto account on her Mac. I don't know anything about Macs or this iPhoto account.

The photos are embedded in the text and are not a seperate attachment.

Is there a way to put them in a separate attachment on a Mac?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... send email as 'plain text', re as in link.

Ask a Question