Whats your favourite food? ie. Which country?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
You've got to tell us why now! ;) :confused:
They cost much more than your pocket ... :D

The more a foodstuff is processed, the more crap it contains ... The simple fact is your dietician will tell you not to bother with any 'diabetic foods' as part of your diet ... there are plenty of "real treats" you can have.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Ah, that explains it :D I suppose its just another way for companies to make money while there are plenty of things you can still have!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Mate of mine's diabetic, he quite a bit younger than me.

He was 16 stone. Went on this diet, diet based on his bloodgroup, which is unusual. He was given a list of foods he can eat, and a list he cannot.

Lots of good stuff on the 'can eat' list, some of it you'd consider quite fattening.

3 months later, he 13 stone, off injections, on tablets. Quite amazing. And he looks better too, has more colour, skin looks healthy.

I never would have believed food intake could make so much difference.

Guess I lucky, I eat anything, when I want, as much or as little as I want. I is 5' 11" and 11 and 3 quarter stone.

I suppose it's just the way we're programmed.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Tonight's tea:

Pork steaks and kidneys (kidneys optional)
Roast potatoes
Mashed potatoes
Baby green beans
Baby sweet corn
Broccoli florets
Medallion carrots
Sliced and roasted parnsips
Bread sauce
Gravey (made with cooked vegetable water)

Stawberries and cream

Yummy........

Call round about 6.30pm and it will be served!!!!!

Gabs xxx

Reaction score
WOW lol. whats stone hahaha i go by ounds as weight lol.. i need a conversion chart lmao

Reaction score
gabriella said:
Tonight's tea:

Roast potatoes
Mashed potatoes
Baby green beans
Baby sweet corn
Broccoli florets
Medallion carrots
Bread sauce

Stawberries and cream

Yummy........

Gabs xxx

would not make it in time:(

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
I don't think I could categorise which foods I prefer by place of origin - I like a broad range of stuff, but couldn't say that any one cuisine is completely to my tastes.

One of my favourite meals to cook and eat at the moment is salmon with a spicy cajun topping, roast sweet potatoes, leeks in a creamy sauce and steamed spinach - yum! :D

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
gabriella said:
Tonight's tea:

Roast potatoes
Mashed potatoes
Baby green beans
Baby sweet corn
Broccoli florets
Medallion carrots
Bread sauce

Stawberries and cream

Yummy........

Gabs xxx
Mucks wants first booking on the next meal ... :D

Me thinks I'll pop over right now and sit on the doorstep just in case. now where is my tent?

Reaction score
Knoki - Italy, a potato based pasta

General Tsao's Chicken - though available at most chinese food restuarants, mostly likely originated in the US.

Cushinia - Brazilian, potato based dough ball stuffed with seasoned chicken and deep fried.

Empanada/Pastele/Turnover - Goes by a lot of names, basically is a very flat round piece of dough filled with fried beef and other things, folded over into a half moon, seeled and fried.

Mashed Potatoes - Idaho, USA. Just plain love em.

Hero/Submarine/Hoagie/Grinder/Deli Sandwich -- Man a 12" loaf of bead filled with cold cuts, various cheeses, and any condement in your imagination.

Reaction score
tek said:
I eat a lot of pasta and enjoy a good pizza, so Itailian food. I also like Indian food and I love eating at nandos but I can't remember what country the foods based on there. Any ideas?

I have a good friend named Fernando. We all call him 'nando'. He is brazilain in origin, as well as brazilian culture comming in part from portugal. If you named some foods off the menu I could answer you quickly. I myself being of Brazilain heritage, e eu falo portugues, eh quazi falo.

Reaction score
Tapas is me fave

Then good ole British food, roast beef n youkshire pud, chicken dinners etc...

Barbecues!!!!

Chinese

Curry's

Reaction score
Best food in the world

Hands up everybody who pines for food that only a deceased relative like your granny could make.

My Grandma used to work as a servant in a 1930's London society house. She was taught the old fashioned victorian way. She passed on in 2001 but I still miss:

Cheese straws, made from shortcrust pastry, straight out of the oven, usually pie trimmings.
Beef stew with floaters- or dumplings.
Proper tea with tealeaves and a warm pot.
Redcurrant jam on toast- picked from the garden!
Fried eggs cooked in the bacon fat.
Crispy pork rind!
Buttery mincepies with loads of filling.
Christmas cake with armour plated icing
Fresh bread

It makes me think that since the advent of preservatives etc our health as also relatively declined.

I like all sorts of food as long as it's fresh- I am so lucky that I have an award winning curry house round the corner. He doesnt do chemicals or food colouring whatsoever. Not all chicken tika massalas glow bright red!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question