Whats your favourite food? ie. Which country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Just a bit of a light hearted thread. Whats your top 3 favourite foods? I have to say that Thai is my favourite followed by Mexican and Indian. Whats yours?

tek

Reaction score
I eat a lot of pasta and enjoy a good pizza, so Itailian food. I also like Indian food and I love eating at nandos but I can't remember what country the foods based on there. Any ideas?

Reaction score
tek said:
I eat a lot of pasta and enjoy a good pizza, so Itailian food. I also like Indian food and I love eating at nandos but I can't remember what country the foods based on there. Any ideas?

Portugal. I think!

Do try Thai though. Great food and healthy. The spicier the better.

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Don't think you can beat the good old English sausage and mash, whenever i go on holiday i always start hankering after this towards the end of the holiday, and can't wait to get home.....:thumb:

But i also like eating Italian pasta dishes but not Pizza cause thats just junk food....

And Greek Lamb Kleftico is another favourite....

Reaction score
I've got a mate from Blackpool who owns a bar here in Bangkok. He does a few English foods. Pies chips, beans and gravy or mash and pewas. EWhatever. Also he does sausages and mash. Nice food when you havent had it for a while. But i couldnt eat it all the time.

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Me....well a variety of things but savoury is my favourite....

English roast beef and all the trimmings
A lovely steak
Aloo gobhi
Fish (but not with batter)
Christmas pudding
Loads of fruit and vegetables

Gabs x

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Tempura (Japanese)
Fish and Chips (English)
Thaali (Indian)

and......

Pasta (Italian)
Khawkse (Burmese)
Satay (Malysian)
Roast Beef Sandwiches
Pepper Steak

Pineapple
Peach
Carrot
Sweet Potatoes baked
Apple Pie

yum yum........:)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
1) Indian
2) Chinese
3) Italian

and :

Thai
Mexican
Medium Fillet steak, with or without sauce
Heaps of Salad (without cucumber, I don't like that)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Ah, food ... a subject that anyone can get their lips around.

I'm a type 2 diabetic (diabetes mellitus), soon to go type 1 (failing pancreas) :rolleyes: ... however, when it comes to food, hmmm, it's not a 'special diet' we eat.

We eat a normal, healthy diet recommended for everbody ... low in fat, sugar and salt with plenty of starchy foods, fruit and vegetables.

Well, that is what everybody is supposed to eat ... right! :D

An interesting fact ... don't give a diabetic, diabetic food stuffs. It will do more harm than good. ;)

Unfortunatly for me, I like all foods ... :thumb:

Reaction score
English breakfast with a Welsh delicacy added cockles and lava bread YuMmmmy!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant beat it;)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
itsme said:
English breakfast with a Welsh delicacy added cockles and lava bread YuMmmmy!!!!!!!!!!!!! cant beat it;)

You take only a single meal a day? How about lunch and dinner? :D

Reaction score
Quadophile said:
You take only a single meal a day? How about lunch and dinner? :D
Thats it one meal a day a breakfast to me consists of!
Bacon-sausage-cockles-two eggs-fried bread-tomatoes-baked beans-lava bread-mushrooms-lamb chop-pork chop-foor slices of bread and butter-mug of coffee.

And I am afraid that is all I need to last me the day.:eek:

I also like curry/rice with any type of meat.
Ice cream any flavour.

The thing is I can be in any country and have tried most National dishes the above are still my favourites:p

Reaction score
itsme said:
Bacon-sausage-cockles-two eggs-fried bread-tomatoes-baked beans-lava bread-mushrooms-lamb chop-pork chop-foor slices of bread and butter-mug of coffee.

I also like curry/rice with any type of meat.
Ice cream any flavour.

The thing is I can be in any country and have tried most National dishes the above are still my favourites:p

What is Lava bread? And . What countries have you visited?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
Jockstar said:
It is an ancient celtic delicacy.

Have you never had the joy of seeing the lava bread at the side of the plate and wonder if it is edible. The excitement of seeing this dollop of ... It has been described as the outpourings from a cow on a high fibre diet ;) ... dark green gelatinous mix beside the egg, bacon and sausage as you come down for the breakfast after the night before.

It is an acquired taste. :p

It is a form of seaweed collected in South Wales and washed thoroughly. It is then boiled in a large vat until it takes on the above consistency. The best source is one of the stalls in Swansea Market. Once you have it home, coat it with oatmeal and fry in bacon fat. The first taste is never forgotten.

I am sure the party will enjoy it. :D

Reaction score
JockstarLava bread is seaweed processed into what I can only describe as mashed cabbage, it tastes like well seaweed, fried add pepper and whatever you like to adjust the taste.

Countries I have visited,

Spain-

Italy-

Malta-

Tunisia-

France-

Germany-

Norway-

Russia-

Canada-

South Africa-

Belgium-

Switzerland-

Austria-

Turkey-

Cyprus-

Greece-

Poland-

Rumania-

Hungary-

Last edited:
Reaction score
Jockstar said:

Fair enough mate. But i hate to hear from people who have no idea and have mnver been to these countries( or even left the UK) No flippin' idea. Makes me mad mate

Anyway. I've stil not tried that bread

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
itsme said:

Blimey, I think that lot would last me three days :eek:

I'd never heard of lava bread, but I've eaten seaweed, from Ireland, it's quite yummy :)

I thought Lava bread was going to originate from Pompeii or somewhere ;)

Reaction score
Blimey, I think that lot would last me three days :eek:

I'd never heard of lava bread, but I've eaten seaweed, from Ireland, it's quite yummy :)

I thought Lava bread was going to originate from Pompeii or somewhere ;)
Floppsy
Thats why I only eat one meal a day;) I dont drink alcohol TT
and in Ireland it is very much the same as Welsh lava bread only after Welsh you Bach instead of burp:D

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Dear all

Lava bread:

There's more to Wales than stunning scenery, a tough language and a great people - there's also a rather unique breakfast...

Lava bread is usually sold in cans, but on rare occasions my granny would stink the whole street out by making it from scratch! As I remember that involves washing the seaweed more times than fresh spinach, preferably in running water, boiling it for ages, changing the water and reboiling it for ages, then pressing it in a sieve weighted down with anything that came to hand (usually one of grandad's bowling balls). She then rolled it in beaten egg and milk and dipped it in fine oatmeal and fried it with fresh cockles and thick slices of bacon.

Courtesy of: http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A930197

Gabs x

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
1) Chinese
2) Indian
3) English

Yummy yummy yummy :) Quite keen on Japanese food too which surprised me, as I never used to eat much fish.

muckshifter said:
An interesting fact ... don't give a diabetic, diabetic food stuffs. It will do more harm than good. ;)

You've got to tell us why now! ;) :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question