whats it all about

jaxx

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
hi guys

ok so once my new rigs up and running id like to help and get on board (shame to waste 4ghz on running a screen saver :D )

a few questions, forgive me for being thick and if ive missed an important topic

whats it for exactly?
software to download?
how does it all work?

did something similar a while back involving a small piece of software that conneted to a server, downloaded some calcs, CPU does its bit and then sends them back

i assume this is somewhere along them lines?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hi Jaxx!

Welcome and glad you want to help the cause :D 4Ghz is going to be great at this sort of thing :)

I think all your questions might be answered in this news article:

https://www.pcreview.co.uk/news/2242884.php

If you've got any questions on it, just stick them in this thread and we'll do our best to help :D

jaxx

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
ok cool

got the software, how do i join the team :)

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
install the software and set up an account, then log into the website and search for the team you should see a link to join the team

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
The team page is HERE - just click on the 'join this team' button:thumb:

Then its welcome aboard!!:D

ps. It takes about 24 hours until you start appearing in the stats, so don't get worried;)

jaxx

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
ok cool all done

i take it i just leave it to do its thing, got a little blue icon in the sys tray but not much more has happened?

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Well done Dude!!:D

Yep, just leave it to crunch away in the background :thumb:

If you hover your pointer over the icon it will display the progress, and if you double click it it will open the progress screen.

Have you been to your WCG page and adjusted your default device profile up to 10gb?

jaxx

Proud Cruncher!
Reaction score
HD space tp allocate 10gb :)

think ive done that right!

Reaction score
Once you've set the default profile up to have 10GB, click reset all machines to single profile.

That'll ensure it'll download the new version of the template on getting a new work unit ;)

Ask a Question