What were your Fav. Games of 20 years ago

Reaction score
The games I particularly enjoyed when I was younger were Dungeon Master, Elite, and Space Quest. Are these games still around by the way?

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Past 20 years to now....PGA tour golf II on the mega drive was a massive favourite of mine and MarioKart on the snes was also a favourite..Then came Doom the original which was the definitive first person shooter, and then Quake, Duke Nukem 3d, Geoff Crammonds F1, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Far cry, Halo 1 and 2, Call of Duty 1 and 2, and Oblivion, To name but a few...

Thee are many more but I just can't remember them all...:D

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Probably the "Dizzy" series for the spectrum 48k - those were the days :)

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Probably the "Dizzy" series for the spectrum 48k - those were the days :)
Ahhh! Spectrum & the Commodore Pet - those were the days. An an awful lot has changed since then though. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
The first game I got sort of addicted to was Chuckie Egg on a BBC B computer. Also used to like that tank game where everything was made out of green lines.

Then the Mega Drive, I absolutely loved Castle Of Illusion, played that one for hours.

Other Mega Drive games I remember liking were:

Road Rash 2
Micro Machines 1 & 2
Aladin
Mickey Mania

The first PC game I ever played was Doom 2 but the first one to really impress me was Quake, it being 3D. That's the first time I'd ever used mouselook, a tremendous game.

My favourite computer game of all time is a toss up between Half Life and Return To Castle Wolfenstein.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Road Rash 2

Oh that was such a good game!!! I think I'm going to have to find an emulator now :D

daveydoom

Trusted Advisor
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
Oh that was such a good game!!! I think I'm going to have to find an emulator now :D
I still have the original Road Rash on my Sega Genesis. What a great game. The first time my 4 yr old son played it he stoff up, kicked the policeman on his bike and made him wipe out
laughingsmiley.gif

Also:

Double Dragon (my all time fav game)
the original Mario Brothers
Mousetrap
Berzerk "The indestructable Evil Otto is the game's timer, forcing the player to move on." I loved that guy
laughingsmiley.gif

Last edited:
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
Road Rash 2
Micro Machines 1 & 2

Wasnt road rash that motorbike one? If it was, then i loved that. Micro Machines was a great one, the last one i got after 1 and 2 was the v3 one...:D

The earliest game i can remember playing was.. Hercules :blush:.

BigJay

Kingsize Crunchie
Reaction score
michael 118 said:
Hardcore Bigjay, Hardcore ;)

laughingsmiley.gif
I was only about 11 years old back then. I then progressed to a Speccy 48 and Jet Set Willy!

Reaction score
20 yrs ago... lets seee when i was 7 thats probabaly around 1988.. i liked ELEVATOR ACTION on my ATARI.then got my first PC 1997... got hooked to playing DOOM,DUKE NUKEM 3D,HERETIC1 and 2...
ALSO the MARIO series and final fantasy on NES.never got hooked to a SEGA console.

I used to remember playing DOOM and HERETIC always gave me goosebumps.

Reaction score
Well I would have had some games, but I had the unfortuante barrier of not existing yet :p

Reaction score
In my youth i played rugby, a game banned by the 'pc' brigade for being to rough in some schools.
But that was the fun of it!!

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
The first game I got sort of addicted to was Chuckie Egg on a BBC B computer. Also used to like that tank game where everything was made out of green lines.

Then the Mega Drive, I absolutely loved Castle Of Illusion, played that one for hours.

Other Mega Drive games I remember liking were:

Road Rash 2
Micro Machines 1 & 2
Aladin
Mickey Mania

The first PC game I ever played was Doom 2 but the first one to really impress me was Quake, it being 3D. That's the first time I'd ever used mouselook, a tremendous game.

My favourite computer game of all time is a toss up between Half Life and Return To Castle Wolfenstein.

He he I've just finished RTCW it only took me 23 tries at killing the big bad guy in the last act.
laughingsmiley.gif

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Its a great game though and very polished even by todays standards..Hope you enjoyed it..:nod:

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I started gaming on a sega megadrive, then a saturn, then a playstation and since then ive worn out 2xbox's and 3 ps2's. Now i have a Xbox 360.
But the game that did it for me was opanzer dragoon...then i became a tombraider junkie.
Now i'm becoming a call of duty junkie. I have recently finished 4 and 5 and have just bought 2 and 3....going abckwards, I know but hey....thats me all over.
Zzzzz

Reaction score
Used to play Grand Prix on a mates PC, think it was running something like OS2. HAd to load the game up on a big 5 inch floppy. On Mega drive it was the Simpsons and Mickey Mouse. Arcase games were Pacman and Space Invaders.

Ask a Question