What variable can I use in Outlook Block Sender's list?

Retired Tech Writer

I am constantly getting junk emails with the sender adress in the format

(e-mail address removed)

where XXX is any weird name and YYY is com or info or net. I would like to
replace the XXX with a variable and add it to my block senders list to avoid
getting this junk mail, but I am unable to find a variable that works. I've
tried the @, the *, the % and the &.

Any suggestions?

F.H. Muffman

I am constantly getting junk emails with the sender adress in the
format

(e-mail address removed)

where XXX is any weird name and YYY is com or info or net. I would
like to replace the XXX with a variable and add it to my block senders
list to avoid getting this junk mail, but I am unable to find a
variable that works. I've tried the @, the *, the % and the &.

Any suggestions?

Look for the Outlook team blog and make a comment to a post and make a suggestion
they add this feature, because, afaik, there's no wildcard functionality
in the block senders list. You can block a whole domain with whatever.whatever,
I don't know what would happen if you just put 'whatever', but that might
work.

Actually, wait.

I'm confused.

Are you trying to block sales@ *every domain*?

I have to say, and I'm sorry if this sounds rude, for a retired tech writer,
this post is a bit confusing.

Also, what version of Outlook?

VanguardLH

Use a rule to act on e-mails where the From header contains "sales@".