What TFT- advice for a newbie

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I am looking to find a monitor that will hook up to my new G5 Mac tower. The computer will mainly be used for music, movies, tv and some DTP work, but mainly as a media centre.
Ideally I am looking for the largest monitor for my budget as it will be used mainly for Internet TV and movies. Budget is £500.
I have had a look around at the apple cinema display's, but the reviews are coming in as poor value for money, the Dell 2407WFP looks better value, but to me £500 is alot of money and I need to be sure i'm doing the right thing.

What are your thoughts on buying a PC ready LCD TV, I know that the resolution is not a high, but the contrast and response times are nearly up there with the decent spec monitors. £500 on a TV could go to 26" or even 32" with a bit of searching compared to 24" with a monitor alone.
I have never seen a TV used as a PC monitor before, is the screen image any good?

Really would appreciate any thoughts on this as I just can't seem to make any valid decisions.

Thanks
NH

Ask a Question