What other hobbies do you indulge in?

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Majority of the people who come here are into PC's one way or another, some use it for fun, some for work and some for both. Do you have any other hobbies that you can talk about?

The information posted on this thread will also help you know if others have similar interests and and are like minded as well.

Let's hear it, in your own words what and why! :D

Reaction score
lol Games ... sports mainly tennis and football but still play all sports when can lol

Meeting m8's and da girls of course ! hehe :)

Spending money on nice clothes :) Eating woo hehe (Running out of money dow ... so stoping for a while!) lol

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Electronics, Aircraft and building things :) I absolutely love building or designing things, I just wish I had more space or a workshop!

I'd really like to learn some more languages though, or consolidate my lacking French + German - it's going to be my challenge for over the summer!

Reaction score
God HATE french !!! I really want to drop it in my GCSE's !!! lol Being in Set 1 sucks !!! lol

Anywayz i don't need French ... since i am going to move to Singapore lol English speaking over there hehe

Reaction score
i like to play football and tennis. Im finding tennis hard atm since breaking my arm in easter :(

i also like going out with the girls...and boys lol going cinema the usual stuff us teenagers do in are free time. :p

next year is a hard year for me. My final year of school mainly revision :( and probably alot of coursework! :(:(

but il just get on with it :)

i love ebay lol! always looking for a bargain ! :D

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
My main hobby in singing (classical), but it's quite an expensive hobby! I love watching films and going to the cinema. I also really enjoy cooking and baking.

Ian thinks I should have been born in the 1920s :rolleyes:

Edit; I should really add reading, drawing, photography, playing the piano, listening to music, trying to prise Ian from his computers... ;) I'm in the middle of exams and I don't think my brain is functioning properly - only so much room for information!

Last edited:
Reaction score
I used to build model planes to an obsessive extent, now its the occasional one that I can really take my time over. I like building things, inc computers obviously.

I play bass guitar, tho I`m not in a band, havent been able to make the time to do that properly for the last while. As far as sport goes, I love skiing/snowboarding tho, again, no time recently. To be on a slope in Italy with no worries in the world takes some beating- to me, thats freedom :)

Kenny

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Um, drinking, chasin' women, drinking, falling over, getting up again, drinking some more, then sleeping; cinema; walking and discovering stuff; live music - festivals and one-off gigs; listening to music; going out on me mate's boat, and that's about it, really.

Used to be into building electronic projects, I've made lots of audio stuff, amps, preamps, crossovers and stuff but it became work and so I kinda lost interest in that.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Kenny said:
To be on a slope in Italy with no worries in the world takes some beating- to me, thats freedom :)

Thats sounds very cool, no pun intended! Never tried it but reading that i wanna!!

I like to spend my free time just relaxing or trying to learn something new, at the mo its my digital camera, when the weathers good anyway.
I love my music too, Though maybe not as much as Flops! :)

Thinking about it i do spend an alarming amount of time drunk! :D

Last edited:

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
My hobbies:

Being with friends and family, my garden, my sunflowers (natural and my various collections), cooking, reading, Casualty (BBC TV programme), reading, have a passion for knowledge and researching things, music, love people....

Gabriella x

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
i like making things (the latest project is to finish a working model steam train my dad started making in 1976 :eek: ) we have a workshop with most tools so its almost done should be running next week :thumb:

next project is to get a quad bike to play with :D

i also like cars especially classic american muscle cars

Reaction score
Motor repairs engine building and fine tunning super duper ,MUSIC love it all types,like to hear Sexy Bex singing;)

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I used to be into motorbikes but haven't got one at the moment, had a Suzuki TL1000S which was a beast but it broke so had to go, went to lots of rallys and Superbike meets at racetracks and pubs, I can honestly say us bikers are a breed apart...

Dabbling with my Camera, shooting Scenery and Sunsets....waiting for that perfect Sunset...

A little bit of football, i have become more interested since winning tickets to see Arsenal v Manchester United in February, and now like watching the big games..Especially enjoyed watching Liverpool beat Milan last week...

Into New technology and soaking up knowledge..

Also love Cooking (yeah yeah keep the sniggers to yourself) have done since i was a boy and count myself as quite a good cook...(well my mum tells me i am.);)

Love my music and love listening to Radio, all frequencys and all Genre's...

Used to play Golf like Crazy and there would be a big problem if i was not seen on the golf course at least 5 times a week..but now i'm lucky if i can get on the course once a month :( Got my Handicap down to 6

Love Concerts and Cinema

And playing team Darts, Snooker and 8 ball Pool where i have won many a trophy...

Plenty of other things but you don't want to hear about those...:p

Reaction score
Hiking in the Cumbrian Lakes or sometimes Scotland, sometimes wild camping and always getting drunk in remote pubs before walking into a river while missing my aim for the tent.
I also collect movies on DVD - well over 600 now and I play golf, badly.

Writing is also a major interest for me - I have been trying to write a novel and a screenplay for years. In the meantime, you may be seeing some of my reviews in Micro Mart magazine soon...then you'll learn my real name!!:thumb:

Reaction score
OMG ! i forgot to say i love snowboarding! skiing is my bit on the side :p

actually i broke my arm snowboarding! not that im bad lol bad just an awkward fall :( lol

owell lol im going to canada next year for 10 non stop days of boarding... CANT WAIT :D

Reaction score
I like driving cars, flying kites, gardening, meeting nice people, regular cardiovascular activity, listening to music sometimes v loud and of course there are computers!!!

:p

gabriella

Sunflower Queen
Reaction score
Hi PSD

How is the kite BTW, I have been meaning to get one for ages, then read you post above and thought I must ask you!!

Going to North Cornwall in August and I think a kite would be great for the beach!!

Bye!

Gabs x

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
G~MAN said:
OMG ! i forgot to say i love snowboarding!
Have you ever tried mountain boarding? My 17 year old brother loves regularly throwing himself down the side of a hill with a huge board on wheels strapped to his feet :rolleyes:

I tried it once and looked like a very unelegant windmill :blush:

He likes snowboarding too, but seeing we don't get much here I guess mountainboarding is a good alternative! :)

Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
...I tried it once and looked like a very unelegant windmill :blush:
LMAO thanks for that...I love a good laugh.

Computers, 3 years ago I didn't know that you need to shut down the computer and not just turn the power off. Now I'm a web designer :cool: . I love to have people call me and say they are about to throw their computer out the window if I don't help them fix it.

Food :D I love to cook, my style is a cross between southern and gourmet. People tell me I'm a great cook but they might just say that because I'm bigger than them... :p lol.

Home Improvement... :rolleyes:

and most of all my kids...oh yea...and the wife lol :D

Av

Reaction score
gabriella said:
Hi PSD

How is the kite BTW, I have been meaning to get one for ages, then read you post above and thought I must ask you!!

Going to North Cornwall in August and I think a kite would be great for the beach!!

Bye!

Gabs x

hiya my kite flying really sucks im still getting to grips with two lines as opposed to one!
i can get the thing in the air but i cant seem to keep it up there:(

check out www.windseekers.co.uk
this is the place i got all my kites from so far, they are quick and reliable and if u ring em up they are v helpfulm they are based in Norfolk.

for u i would reccomend buying a 'mickey mouse' kite from woolworths for £3-£5 or something like that
test these kites out they are good for beginners!

:)

Ask a Question