Program: CleanUp!
Author: (Steve Gould)
Ware: (Donationware)
http://cleanup.stevengould.org/

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

Susan Sifton

AvianFlux said:
Grabriel Topola's System Information for Windows:
http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/about_siw_full_screen.html

Lavalys' Everest Home Edition:
http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1&lang=en

Both are freeware.

That seems to make this the top five system information freewares.

Belarc Advisor

SiSoft Sandra Lite 2005.SR1 (10.50)
http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
http://www.sisoftware.net

Grabriel Topola System Information for Windows
http://www3.sympatico.ca/gtopala/about_siw_full_screen.html

Lavalys Everest Home Edition
http://www.lavalys.com/products/overview.php?pid=1?=en

Are there any other good system reporting freewares?

Bob Ward

That seems to make this the top five system information freewares.

Belarc Advisor

SiSoft Sandra Lite 2005.SR1 (10.50)
http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
http://www.sisoftware.net

For varying values of "free"... from their website:

"SiSoftware Sandra 2005 Released: London, UK, November 21 2004 -
SiSoftware has announced the availability of SiSoftware Sandra 2005,
the latest version of its award-winning utility which now includes
remote analysis, benchmarking and diagnostic features for PCs,
servers, PDAs, Smart Phones, small office/home office (SOHO) networks
and enterprise networks. more...
To get it, please see Download & Buy. Enjoy!

Susan Bugher

Bjorn said:
Susan Bugher wrote in <[email protected]>:

Ah, listed on the only category page I did not check, assumed file- or
sysutil, or desktop, or whatnot,except internet(cleanup),
anyway - thanks :)

Good point. It's listed as a cookie manager - I'll move it to: SYSTEM UTILITIES Cleaner: Files

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
http://groups.google.no/groups?q=+group:alt.comp.freeware&hl=en

MsOsWin

Serendipity said:
Personally, I set up
my computers so those types of things don't get on it in the first
place. The very few that slip by, are handled manually. I'm using a
Mac now for online stuff and PC for offline, never connected to internet
stuff. People always complain about pop-ups, ad software, spyware, and
tracking yet do nothing about it. I see no pop-ups or ads. Spyware is
non-existent and tracking can easily be taken care of manually.

i get the occasional "scare", but i think it's because i accept the spybotsd 'beta detection' sets. other than the occasional saved
fave of a specious site (and accepted cookies by visiting teenager! always cleanup after kids), i don't recall ever finding
anything real. of course i worry about whatever the anti spyware apps may *not*' find :-(
IMO,
spyware, adware, and tracking invade my privacy. I didn't ask for it to
be on my computer and no, they don't have a right to put it on my
computer.
AFAIC, they can jump in the lake!

la brea tar pits. pallet chipper. Saddam hussein's soap factory vat. or nuke-waste salt mine. their choice

Bjorn Simonsen

Good point. It's listed as a cookie manager - I'll move it to: SYSTEM UTILITIES Cleaner: Files

and...thanks for keeping up your good work Susan! :)

All the best,
Bjorn Simonsen

ellis_jay

Susan said:
Similar to Belarc Advisor, one of the top five great system checkers
is undeniably SiSoft Sandra Lite 2005.SR1 (10.50)
http://www.sisoftware.co.uk
http://www.sisoftware.net

This great free program finds & reports on EVERYTHING possible!
You won't be able to live without it!

Thanx.

Ellis_jay