What drought !

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
I know some parts down south are hose-pipe banned and water useage restricted...but up here in North Staffs , we have had torrential rain now for 10 days ???? ..
Want to swap ???

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
Yep, its been raining down here all weekend and alot of last week - but apparently its the wrong kind of rain :rolleyes:

And no I don't want to swap - I've seen Stoke :p

Reaction score
Been in the south east for a few days, what great weather!!
Strange though that the local water company has a drought order on though!!!

Reaction score
Well down south we didnt have a wet winter/autumn, so thats why the hose pipes have been banned (or something)
as for the rain, well, missed my bloody cricket match now it decides to brighten up.

oh i dunno.. :rolleyes:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Swap for Stoke?

Man, you gotta be joking, I really ain't into deep fried Mars Bars and clogs
laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Yep, its been raining down here all weekend and alot of last week - but apparently its the wrong kind of rain :rolleyes:

Yep should be WET rain :lol: you only get that in the west of the country:D
east is DRY rain:eek: Water state to be in:lol:

Reaction score
think of the farmers

michael555 said:
Who cares about the south.
Us in the north are doing fine.
So when you find in the winter that the cost of some food goes up due to farmers in the south have not been able to irragate their fields and you moan that carrots have gone up 10p remember what you have just said! The fact that their are water shortages in the south should worry you, it's called global warming and will effect us all, even those in the north!!

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score

Quite a statement eh...
anyways i dont like Carrots but you can have some rain if you like ;)

Reaction score
support british farming

michael555 said:
And what about those water companies "up north" that refuse to allow their overflowing reserve of water be transported to the south, or those farmers who's land is to sodden to grow crops, see it being wet up north effects farmers too, to much rain will damage the crop as does to little.

So you see that yes you have water, but it will mean one thing in the long term, the low yield of crops will mean more will come from abroad, which means you pay higher costs, as the supermarkets will pass this onto the customer in about 3-4 months, So their are no winners here.:(

And your comment may be half hearted but it is a powerfull comment to make.

Last edited:
Reaction score
exmoor said:
And what about those water companies "up north" that refuse to allow their overflowing reserve of water be transported to the south, or those farmers who's land is to sodden to grow crops, see it being wet up north effects farmers too, to much rain will damage the crop as does to little.

So you see that yes you have water, but it will mean one thing in the long term, the low yield of crops will mean more will come from abroad, which means you pay higher costs, as the supermarkets will pass this onto the customer in about 3-4 months, So their are no winners here.:(

And your comment may be half hearted but it is a powerfull comment to make.

But the water companies in the north are nothing to do with the south.

The main reason england is mess up is the house of Parliament in london.

Funny that staff who work on the NHS are getting lay off here but not the south.

Rush

Cool Cruncher
Reaction score
We don`t want to cause a North and South divide ...so please think before you post ...London is only the Capital because the Romans were Knackered just after St Albans.......otherwise Birmingham would have been called Brum (lol)

Still raining here ...(Brum);)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Rush said:
We don`t want to cause a North and South divide ...so please think before you post ...London is only the Capital because the Romans were Knackered just after St Albans.......otherwise Birmingham would have been called Brum (lol)

Still raining here ...(Brum);)

Fact I am Welsh:thumb: Fact Welsh water supply Birmingham:thumb: Fact Welsh are not what some think they are, we care for all nations:thumb: and are a proud breed:thumb:
Well I love you all as fellow members of this great forum PCReview:thumb: and I mean all of you:thumb:

Reaction score
michael555 said:
But the water companies in the north are nothing to do with the south.

The main reason england is mess up is the house of Parliament in london.

Funny that staff who work on the NHS are getting lay off here but not the south.
Er, not sure thats correct in London, Surrey & Sussex their are plans to cut staffing by anything from 10-25% depending on who your hear it from, either the local NHS Trusts, PCT, StHA or Department of Health.

And i think it's best we forget about this North vs South divide before we start getting out of hand & the thread getting closed.

Oh by the way my Gran was Scottish so does that make me 0.25 Scottish then;)

Ask a Question