What does frontpage do to my visitor stats code in the head tag?

I have a new stats program that tracks pages by code in the head tag.

For some reason, when I publish with frontpage, the visitor stats tags
disappear.

How can I get frontpage to leave the code in head tag alone?

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

Make sure it is a valid tag.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

From: Tami [mailto:[email protected](donotspam)]
Posted At: 14. december 2004 00:23
Posted To: microsoft.public.frontpage.client
Conversation: What does frontpage do to my visitor stats code
in the head tag?
the head tag?

I have a new stats program that tracks pages by code in the head tag.

For some reason, when I publish with frontpage, the visitor
stats tags disappear.

How can I get frontpage to leave the code in head tag alone?
I verified that the tag is valid by republishing by FTP
and using notepad to edit in the head tag. The stats work
once I don't use frontpage to publish it.

I want to be able to turn off whatever in frontpage messes
with the head tags. How do I turn off that function (what
is the function called?)

Thanks!

Stefan B Rusynko

Post the tag as you are entering it in FP and what FP changes it to

--

Joined
Mar 21, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi Tami

Yes a common problem, which is why we have always prefered to 'hand craft' our pages and these days we use a PHP template based solution, but the post below describes how to get round this problem, much better than I could!
http://www.experts-exchange.com/Web_Development/Software/FrontPage/Q_20788629.html

-- Roger Davies
http://www.searchenginefirstplace.com